Mia

After years of preparing myself to never give in to my desires and only think of her happiness, she pulled this kind of stunt. I knew she was the sort of person who could easily do something shady but that was a little too much.

We were best friends since elementary and as we grew up we became even closer. She declared her love for me and proposed to me when she was ten and I was nine at the time. Though a few days later she made me propose to her because it had to be done right.

Not knowing anything about love or what marriage actually involved, I promised that I would love her forever. Seeing her so happy made me happy, and so she became my fiance.

As we got older I came to realize what I had agreed to, but I still planned to keep my promise because she was the most important person to me. Practically on the same level as my parents.

Even though she was very popular in high school she was not afraid to tell everyone that she loved me and that I was her fiance. If she thought that any girl was interested in me she would tell them the same and warn them to stay back. She was actually pretty scary if you got on her bad side, and everyone knew that.

We never did anything sexual other than a kiss here or there, but it was always a soft peck, usually when going different ways. Though sometimes, in high school, I got the feeling she wanted to do more but I never initiated a thing. In tenth grade I realized that I was attracted to other men and didn't have any sexual interest for women, not even Mia. Come eleventh grade I had no doubts as to me being gay and I found myself often daydreaming what it would be like to be with a man. I still planned to marry Mia to make her happy because I did love her, but I knew there would be a huge problem. No matter how many times I imagined being with a man I was always on the receiving end.

I was faithful though, and always gave Mia whatever she wanted and pretty much did whatever she said. I spoiled her, and did even more so when we were in high school, though I was filled with guilt. I tried to give her everything because I knew I most likely couldn't give her me in every way..

She left to travel for a year with her parents after graduating high school while I still had one more year to attend. It was the summer after my graduation that she sent me that letter and shortly returned.