epilogue

Three Months Later

It didn't take long for the trio to leave for America. Despite the obstacles, all thanks to Snatchers, they made it out of Europe by the end of May.

During their last moments in Europe, the Fire Pack (even though there were only three members left, none of them had the heart to change the name for the sake of their friends) made a name for themselves, causing havoc among the Death Eaters and Snatchers. It worked out in the Order's favor, as they needed all the help they could get.

When they first stepped onto American soil, it all felt surreal to Oliver. Although he wished he was here in better circumstances, he was thankful to be away from the chaos back in Europe. Still, he wasn't sure what he would walk into here, but at least he wasn't going to face anyone or anything alone.

Their first stop was New York, where the Magical Congress of the United States of America was located. Through connections from the Order and the Scamander family, they were able to recruit a few witches and wizards to help with the cause. But when rumors went around that Death Eaters made their way to the States, they stayed in New York for a while, laying low just in case the gossip was true. Fortunately, Jacob was able to contact his great-aunt and great-uncle's and they were more than happy for the three to stay with them for the time being.

By the end of August, the trio decided to head for Massachusetts, Mary's home state. While she was hesitant to go, the boys convinced her that she could easily show people there that she was not the same person that she was before she left the States, nor was she associated with her family anymore. She really hoped that would be enough to persuade those that were willing to fight alongside them and the rest of the Order, with others from Hogwarts and other schools in Europe who wanted to participate.

It was when they were preparing to go to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when the boys caught Mary staring at a house across the street. None of them were sure as to why, but a hint of sadness was in her eyes the more she continued to look at the house.

"Everything okay?" Jacob asked her.

Mary looked over at him and nodded her head. "Yeah." Her head turned back towards the house. "I used to live here before we moved to England."

Oliver and Jacob glanced at one another, then back at Mary.

"Do you miss it?" Oliver spoke up.

"Sometimes," she said. "Mostly the house itself, and a few earlier memories." She paused for a moment, then continued speaking. "I was also thinking if we had never left this house two years ago. You know, just wondering how things would've turned out for me and my family."

"Any regrets?" Oliver inquired.

She smiled a little as she turned her head to face Oliver this time. "No, not one."

The boys smiled back at her, grateful that she came into their lives, that she found them, even when she might have not realized it at the time, and the same went for Oliver, Jacob, and their three friends that were no longer with them. All of it had to have happened for a reason, as if fate was pushing them together, knowing they would work together in order to make a better world for all witches and wizards.

Mary exhaled loudly and walked next to the boys, sticking her hand out. "Ready?"

Oliver was the first to take her hand. "Ready."

Jacob was next. "Let's do this."

With a crack, Mary took them to the front steps of Ilvermorny. Much like Hogwarts, the school was a castle. With trees surrounding the castle and the front gates standing tall, it really was a spectacular sight.

"It's just like how my family here in America described it," Jacob exclaimed, staring at the castle in awe.

"Yeah, it really is beautiful," Mary added. She led them up the stairs and to the gates, where an older and frail man in a cranberry-colored robe was waiting for them, just like the three were anticipating when Mary contacted him a few days ago. "Headmaster Steward. It's nice to see you again."

"Thank you, Miss Fowler," the man replied in a weak voice. "I must say, I was growing concerned when I continued to see your family in the paper, which was why I was hesitant to arrange this meeting."

"If you're worried that I'm anything like my family, then you're mistaken," she assured him. "A lot has changed in the last two years, especially with the Wizarding world in Europe."

"Yes, I'm aware of what's been going on with the terror You-Know-Who has brought upon all wizards and witches there," he stated, looking behind Mary at the two boys. "And who might you have with you?"

Oliver was the first to step up with his hand out. "Oliver Campbell, sir."

Jacob was next to follow suit. "William Scamander."

Headmaster Steward raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Scamander, huh? Definitely a name I can remember, even at my age." He looked back at Mary. "So this is the infamous Fire Pack."

The trio were surprised that he had heard of them.

"You've heard of the Fire Pack?" Oliver asked.

"Yes, I have, and a lot of the Professors here have, too, scared your actions will influence the other students here." The old man chuckled a bit. "It's amazing what impact fire really has on the world."

"And when it meets gasoline, all it can do is spread and grow wherever it can," Mary added. "Which is why we're here." She paused for a moment, turning at the boys behind her, where they nodded in agreement to keep going before shifting her attention back towards the headmaster. "We're going to need bigger flames."

THE END

A/N: I know this ending seems odd, but I'd like to think that people can interpret what happens after this epilogue in whatever version they want

A/N: I know this ending seems odd, but I'd like to think that people can interpret what happens after this epilogue in whatever version they want. That's the beauty and fun in stories, (specifically fan-fiction), right?

Song above is Mind Over Matter by Young the Giant.

-A