Chapter 1: Greetings

(Eden)
From across the street, Eden could see her target perfectly. Six feet five inches of truly irritated energy. The crowd moved around him, everyone subconsciously doing their best to avoid him. Even his tailored black suit was some how intimidating. Eden tapped her finger against her right hip before moving to the walkway. The puddles sloshed under feet.

The crowd carried her across the street and she slipped through as easily as a breeze. Even if the sounds of the street and the rain did not wash her out, he would never have heard her footsteps. She slid behind him and moved the knife from her jacket, "That's a sharp object that can easily paralyze you," she whispered. Even though he was tall, he heard her clearly. She watched his fist clenched at his side. A tattooed vine wrapped around his wrist and climbed between his fingers.

The target tensed up, "What do you want?"

"For you to take me on a date to the Lily," she smirked, pressing the knife against his back. Eden side eyed the people going by. Only a child gave her a second look, but he was swept away.

He scowled but took a step forward. Soon enough, they were walking down the street. "Who hired you?" He asked as he lead her away from the high-end streets of Reviow to the sketchier parts. The crowds began to thin and the roads filled with more rainwater.

"Santa Claus," Eden sighed. "He's tired of you scaring little children." They stopped outside of a three star hotel.

He paused to look back at her. The rift of gray hair fell from his black hair and into his eyes, "You are bold to bring me to my own territory." She flashed her pearly white teeth at him.

"I need this," she said as she took the pin from his suit. It was a little silver hand the size of a dime but very well known. Eden pulled the clip from her hair and let the blonde ringlets fall down her back and her chest. "I'll take this too," she grabbed the blazer from him, pulling it off off his very muscular arms. Ever time a rain drop fell into his shirt, it showed his skin underneath.

Without warning, she let out a laugh, "You are so funny." He was shocked by the sudden difference. Eden wrapped her arm around his, still keeping her knife positioned lethally. Before she led him, she took her baseball cap and slammed it down on his hair.

The host didn't look twice as Eden swayed back and forth. She had done this routine a million times. Her target seemed to be furious at how she was getting away with it. She smirked and led him into the elevator.

"I've talked to that man at least ten times," he growled.

His frustration caused Eden to chuckle, "But has he ever seen you with such a beautiful woman?" The target shut his mouth and glared at the floor, letting his black hair come down over his green eyes. No more conversation it is. Eden was fine with that.

Room 52.

Room 52 was up against a wall and a closet. The most soundproof room. Eden unlocked it and shoved the target in. Just as he stumbled, he slid down and brought his leg under her step.

Eden tumbled into the floor but not before she pulled him down with her. He was strong. Really strong. His arms pinned her down and he pushed his weight down on her. She couldn't move the knife in her hand.

Eden let out a painful gasp and he faltered. She moved quickly, bringing her elbow up into his face and using her legs to hook around his torso and flip him over. She put the knife to his throat. "I did my research. You know what I found? The second son of the Boss Cyprus is much nicer than his older brother. Some would even go as far as to say Aramis is a gentlemen."

"You'll regret this," he spit back out. Blood trickled down his nose. Eden didn't really care. She forced him into a chair where she routinely and efficiently tied him up. Afterwards, Eden threw herself on the bed. The sheets smelled musty and the room was dim.

To combat the wave of sudden exhaustion, Eden rolled over to look at her captive, "What's it like being one of the princes of the city?"

Clearly, he liked to glare. But if looks could kill, Eden would be bleeding out across the bed. "I don't have to talk to you."

Eden twirled her blade, "I could always make you, but I was hoping we could pass the time."

"Who are you waiting for," he asked.

"I knew your father," Eden spoke. "I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a father. Mine was killed by yours." She sat up and moved to the window. She didn't dare to push back the curtains but if she angled her head right, she could see into the streets.

Aramis looked up at her, a sliver of curiosity in his eyes now. "Is this revenge?"

"Revenge is messy. I'll leave that to the bosses. My line of work is much more.....professional," she said. When she had been hired for the job, she had considered what it would be like to just slash his throat. But then she wouldn't get a paycheck.

A blue jay perched in the tree across the street in a window. That was quick. Eden walked away from the window. She looked down at Aramis. "I hope we don't have to meet again. It could never mean anything good." She moved to the door where a wall of a man was. Ripped scarred muscles and knives strapped to his chest. Eden tried not to shrivel to the ground.

She passed by him and watched as he stepped into the room. Aramis looked up at him. Poor kid.