Chapter 4

Rafa and Hunter went to opposite sides of the room. They couldn't even look at each other's general direction.
"I should probably go check on Omega," Trace excused herself. Wrecker clapped his hands, breaking the silence.
"Who wants to watch a movie?" He asked.
Crosshair flung his toothpick at Wrecker, "You seriously think that they would want to watch a movie together?"
"Well, they're not doing anything else other than fighting and scaring the kid," Wrecker shot back.
"It would help everyone to calm down," Echo added.
"Rafa, what's your favorite movie?" Wrecker asked her, catching her off guard.
"Oh. Uhh... Spider-Man 3," she said.
"That's my favorite movie..." Hunter mumbled to himself, remembering when it first came out. It was their first year in high school, and they decided to go see it together. It's been his favorite movie ever since.

Trace entered the game room, finding Omega and Tech playing chess. She pulled up a nearby chair and put her elbows on the table. "Who's winning?"
"I am," Tech moved a piece, "but if I-"
"Checkmate," Omega moved the knight.
"What?" Tech was shocked, "How did you-"
"You were so focused on coming in on one spot, I slowly came at you in another spot," Omega pointed to the board.
"That's... ingenious. Excellent job, Omega!" Tech praised. Omega smiled, and started to silently rearrange the board.
"Omega, what grade Are you in?" Trace asked.
"I'm in the 4th grade," Omega moved a knight. Trace noticed that Omega looked bothered.
"How are you doing Omega?" Trace asked.
"I don't know," Omega sighed, "I'm doing fine, I guess."
"If you want, you can tell us how you really feel. We're your family. We won't judge," Trace comforted.
After a pause, Omega sniffed, "Why... why were they fighting?"
Trace gave her niece a hug, "Adults just do that sometimes."
"Dad always tells me to be nice and not yell at people, why doesn't he just take his own advice?"
"Maybe he's just tired and grumpy from the long ride here," Trace suggested.
"I guess that makes sense..."
"Yeah, it's never fun when mom and dad fight, huh?" Trace rubbed her arm, Omega nodding, "How about this- we go get some ice cream while your dad is grounded and his punishment is to go take a nap. How does that sound?"
Omega likes that idea. Her dad never gets grounded. "Let's do it!"
Trace pulled out her phone and texted Hunter.

Hey, is it alright if  Tech and I take Omega to go get some ice cream?

Hunter was sitting on the couch when his phone when off. He pulled it out and saw Trace's message. He texted back, saying that they could go and get some ice cream. His phone went off again, the message saying:

Oh and Omega says that you're grounded and your punishment is to go and take a nap

Hunter was kinda offended. He's not supposed to be grounded, it's his job to ground his kid, not the other way around. He silently laughed, also finding it funny that Omega grounded him.

Another phone went off.
"Whatever happened to silencing your cellphone during a movie?" Crosshair groaned.
Wrecker took out his burner phone, which was an old flip phone, and silently read a message. "Hey, we got a shipment coming in tomorrow full of spice. Wanna come, Hunter?"
Hunter shook his head, "You know that I don't do that kind of thing anymore."
"He thinks he's a model citizen," Rafa sneered. Hunter rolled his eyes.
"C'mon! It'll be like old times! Besides, once we sell it, you can use the money for Omega's future!"
It was kinda temping though. With the money that they would make from it, it would cover their needs for months, as well as jumpstart Omega's future.
"I'd have to think about it," Hunter turned his attention back to the movie. Within 5 minutes, Hunter had unleashed his inner dad and fell asleep.