Chapter 12

Hours passed. Omega was sitting on one of the metal tables, hitting her head against the wall. She tried to think of ways she could escape, but none of her plans would work unless she figured out how to keep one of the metal doors unlocked. The problem is that they lock from the outside, with no key hole or anything on the inside.
One of the doors opened slightly and another box of pop tarts was kicked in.
"Lights out in five," Fox said as he shut the door.
As soon as she heard him leave, she grabbed the box of pop tarts and put it onto the table. She went to the box by the shelf and got out the flashlight. It worked.
Omega shivered. She wished that she grabbed her jacket before playing outside. As Omega finished her pop tart, the light went out. She yelped and turned on her flashlight. She was careful not to shine it at any of the large doors, in case someone might come in and take it away.
She nervously went to her door. She opened it all the way. She saw her chair and behind it were old shelves made of wood and metal. It sent shivers down her spine. She grabbed her chair and pulled it into the square room, shutting the door. She sat on the chair, holding her flashlight close. When she felt brave, she turned off the flashlight and tried to sleep.