Chapter 17

Crosshair was on his motorcycle, surveying the Big Bend Jai Alai from a distance. There wasn't much cover, the only cover there was being the bushes on the side of the road. When he arrived, he noticed four identical white vans sitting in the parking lot. He didn't like the look of it, so he contacted his brothers to warn them. When his brother's arrived, Hunter parked his car in the parking lot while the other two cars were parked further down the road. Before leaving the house, they split up into 3 groups. Rafa insists that she goes with Hunter to make sure that Omega is given back. To everyone's surprise, Hunter agreed. So, Trace paired up with Tech, and Wrecker paired up with Echo.

He saw Hunter and Rafa exit their vehicle. They each grabbed a large black duffle bag and slung it over their shoulders. As they entered the building, Hunter called Tarkin.
"We're here. Where do you want us to meet?"
"Meet on the top floor. You'll find us in one of the lobbies." He said.

They pulled out their flashlights and looked around the first floor for the stairs. It took them about five minutes to find some escalators. Since the power was out they wouldn't work, so they had to climb them instead. Luckily, the duffel bags weren't that heavy. Each bag had a quarter of a mill, or $250,000 worth in them split up in $100 bills, meaning each bag had 2,500 bills in them. And each bill weighed only a gram, and there's roughly 454 grams in a pound, so it weighs under six pounds, or 2.5 kilograms. (No, Tech did not hold me at gunpoint to write this)

After some time, they found Tarkin. He was at the opposite end of the room, standing by a closed door.
"Oh, there you are. I was starting to wonder if you were going to show up," Tarkin said.
"Where's Omega?" Hunter growed.
"She's in here," Tarkin gestured to the door. "Don't step any further. Before we give you the key, Fox will check to see if the cash is real."
Fox walked out of the shadows. Hunter and Rafa opened their duffel bags, grabbed a stack of cash, and tossed it to him. He flipped through the stacks.
"They're real," he confirmed. Tarkin gave Fox the key.

While she handed her duffle bag to Hunter, Rafa noticed that Tarkin left. That's strange...

Hunter met Fox in the middle of the room and handed the bags over. Fox gave him the key and left. Rafa and Hunter went over to the closed door.
Rafa knocked on the door, "Omega? You in there?"
Hunter unlocked the door, "Omega?"
He opened it. It was empty.
Omega wasn't here.