Chapter 14

Omega woke up. She was uncomfortable, cold, and really needed to use the restroom. Being the ten year old that she is, she decided that if she's gonna be miserable, then everyone is.
She went to the metal door and started kicking it. It was loud. She started to wonder if it was a good idea.

Loosing her patience, she checked her watch. The red LED numbers said 4:00AM. An idea hit her. Since everyone is so tired, what if I'm able to escape after I go to the restroom? It was worth a shot. She stopped kicking the door and quickly grabbed her flashlight and hid it in her sleeve.
Fox opened the door within a minute, "What do you want?"
"I need to use the restroom," Omega said nervously.
Fox grabbed her, yanking her from the room. Omega yelped. Fox muttered as he led Omega to the restroom.
He practically threw her in there then locked it from the outside.
Great, she thought.

After she dried her hands, she tried to open the door. It was still locked.
Right above the handle was the lock. Wait a second... I can just unlock this. It locks from the inside. Fox must've used a key to lock it from the outside. She turned the handle of the lock as slowly and quietly as she could. Before opening the door, she pressed her ear against the door. She heard snoring. She slowly opened the door, hoping and praying that it wouldn't squeak. She peeked into the room and no one was in sight.
Slowly, she cracked the door wide enough for her to step in.
She froze. Fox was to her right, sitting against the wall, dosing off. Omega knew that she couldn't escape now. It was like trying to take the TV remote from her dad after he dozed off. He would always wake up and hold the remote close. She has to wait until he falls asleep.

Omega didn't know how long she stood there. She was growing impatient. So, she closed the door, stayed close to the wall, and slowly crept to the front door, glancing back to see if Fox had woken.

When Omega got to the front door, she noticed it was one of those doors with a screen on it. She remembered how loud they are whenever you use them. She unlocked it slowly, turned the handle, and opened the door wide enough for her to get through. When Omega was outside, she let go of the door too soon. It slammed shut.
Crap.
She ran. Across the dirt road and into the plowed field toward the trees. She had quite the distance to cover before she would reach the trees.
Halfway across the field, she glanced behind her and saw Fox run out of the building, looking around. When she reached the wooded area, she stopped to catch her breath and glanced back at Fox, who was no where to be seen.

Omega looked back into the trees and booked it, turning on her flashlight. She went around trees, fell into footfalls and could hear a few cars driving past in the distance. She looked behind her and saw Fox running in her direction, halfway across the field.
She knew that she had to outrun the Fox.