chapter 1

"Whatcha doing?" JJ teasingly asks his boyfriend who was neck deep into his books. "Studying, you should be too. We have an algebra test tomorrow." Pope replies. JJ chuckles, "Yeah, no. Maybanks don't do studying." Pope dramatically sighs at the blonde's remark and gets back to work. He can't risk getting anything less than perfect on this test and every test after that if he wants any shot at a scholarship. 

JJ sits down on the couch next to Pope. He lazily wraps his arms around the other boy and lays his head on his shoulder. "C'mon baby, you're always working, take a day off." he whines. "I can't J, I gotta study." Pope says, not looking away from his textbook and notes. "You say that like you're not going to ace that shit. Please baby, imagine all the fun we'll have." Pope looks up from his book to make it clear to JJ that he's not going out and that he has to study but that all goes out the window once he sees his boyfriend's begging eyes and the small frown on his face.

Something about seeing JJ sad, even if it was just slightly, broke Pope. He couldn't stand seeing his boy upset, especially if he was the reason why. Pope rubs his thumb against JJ's check which makes JJ smile. Oh that smile, it was one of Pope's favorite things, it just made everything better. Pope chuckles quietly, not moving his eyes away from JJ, his thumb still on the other boy's cheek. "C'mon, you deserve something special. Let me spoil you for once." "Hmm fine but not too long." Pope says firmly. "Yes sir!" JJ shouts, saluting to Pope. "Gosh, I hate you," Pope laughs. "The feeling is mutual babe, now let's go! I'll get the Phantom." 

A/N: Would you rather be a Kook or a Pogue?