chapter 11

JJ knocks on Pope's front house door and Ms. Heyward answers it. "Hello honey." she greets him with a smile. "Hi Mrs. Heyward. Is Pope home?" "Yes, upstairs. Come on in." JJ comes inside and heads upstairs.

 He knocks on Pope's door before coming in. Pope jumps up from his bed and cups JJ's face. "Gosh, I'm so glad you're okay." "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "I don't know, something else with Topper could've happened while I was gone or something." "I'm fine Pope." JJ takes Pope's hands away from his face and lowers them. Pope tilts his head. He takes both of JJ's hands in his. "Baby, what's wrong." 

JJ looks down and lets out a deep sigh when he sees how red his boyfriend's knuckles are. "Pope, I can't do this." "Do what?" "This, us, I can't do this anymore." JJ says, waving his finger between the two of them. "What are you talking about?" JJ lets go of Pope's hand and steps back. "You've lost your shit Pope! You're getting into fights and you lost your scholarship, what the hell man?" Pope stepped towards JJ. "I did it for you J, you just wanted me to sit there while he talked his shit like some little bitch? I had to protect you. "I don't need your protection!" "I just wanted to help." "What do you want, Pope, a thank you? Yeah, thanks for fucking up your future for me babe. How does that sound?" "Why are you doing this? We're supposed to be a team." Pope reaches out to touch JJ's arm but the boy steps back.

"I can't do this, I can't allow you to throw everything away." JJ starts to play with the ring on his thumb, the one Pope gave him for their one year anniversary. "JJ, no. I gave that to you, I don't want it back." JJ takes off the ring and looks up at Pope. "Well too bad then I guess because I don't need it anymore." Pope's voice is breaking. "JJ, don't do this." JJ puts the ring in Pope's hand and closes it. "Goodbye Pope." With that JJ leaves the room and rushes out the house. 

A/N: Who do you think was right in this argument?