chapter 3

They dock the boat and head inside the Wreck to find their friend Kie working in the kitchen. "Hey Kie." JJ greets. Kie looks up from the pot she's stirring to see the two boys at the front counter. She turns the knob to set the stove to low and wipes the sweat off of her forehead before going to the front of the restaurant. "Hello my loves, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Kie whimsically asks. "Could we get something to eat?" Pope asks. "Are you going to pay this time?" she asks back. "Kie, you've known us for years, how dare you ask such a question?" JJ asks, shocked. "So no?" "Of course not, that's some rich people shit." JJ laughs.

"Well isn't it my two favorite rascals." Mike says jokingly coming out of the kitchen up to the front desk. "Nice to see you Mr. Carrera." Pope says. "Pope, I've already told you to call me Mike," he says. "Hey, so Mike, you wouldn't happen to have any leftovers, possibly a burger and fries for me and my buddy Pope here, wouldn't you?" JJ asks, grinning. Mike laughs, "I'll see what I can do." he replies. "And sweetheart, you got a visitor at table 3." he smirks. Kie raises her eyebrows and turns her head towards table three to see Cleo sitting at a booth. The girl is looking around the place and when her eyes meet Kie's, she gives a smile and a wave which Kie returns.

"Oh shit, you're macking on Cleo Dennis?!" JJ shouts. Kie eyes goes wide and she covers JJ's mouth with her hand, looking back at booth three to see if Cleo heard and fortunately she didn't. "Keep your voice down!" Kie whisper shouts as she removes her hand. "And I am not macking on her, we're just hanging out." she clarifies. "Please, in this past week, I see you and her together more than you and the Poles." Mike says. "Dad!" Kie exclaims. "And we're the Pogues, just so you know,"she corrects.

"Wow Kie, I am hurt. You said you were sick." JJ says, putting his hand on his chest. "Yeah, sick on loveeee." Pope sings. JJ and Pope laugh together. "Well in my defense, Sarah is in the Bahamas right now with her family and John B so I have had a lack of female energy." Kie says. "Mhm, just go." Mike says. Kie takes off her apron, cleans her face with a baby wipe, and fixes her hair into a neater bun. "So how do I look?" she asks frantically. "Like you're ready to receive female energy." JJ chuckles. "Preach to that." Pope and JJ high five each other. Kie shoves JJ's shoulder and rolls her eyes before walking away and joining Cleo at her booth. 

A/N: What would you order at the Wreck?