Heartbreak And Great Escapes

KHAOS POV

    I am startled awake when my door is kicked in and Maria starts screaming. My dad, Beast, and Wolf all march in. When I try to get up Beast punches me twice in the face. He and my dad immediately jerk me up and hold me back. "Wolf, take that piece of trash to the cell. Your wife and mine will have fun with her soon." my dad demands. Wolf ties Maria's hands behind her and her ankles to her hands. He then picks her up and carries her over her shoulder out of the room. The whole time I am hollering, "Don't touch her. I don't give a shit what that bitch, Cherry, said. Fuck Maria has been through enough, Pops." Maria was screaming the whole time too. Dad hits me when I call Cherry a bitch. "Fuck. I think you broke my nose, Dad. What the fuck?" I yell. Dad just hits me again, "That's for being an asshole to Cherry and a complete fucking idiot," he tells me. "Cherry is just a jealous bitch and I want her banned," I scream. Beast hits me in the stomach and I almost vomit. When I catch my breath I ask, "What the fuck is this all about?" My dad smirks and says, "I think it's time for you to see the proof for yourself. I am ashamed right now that you are my son. Hell, I am ashamed you're my Veep or to know you, period." I can feel myself pale at those words.

    They drag me to church, "Tech plays the video with audio at 100 so this dumbass can hear it," my dad demands. Tech plays a video from the rec room yesterday afternoon. I see Cherry walk in and I am pissed. Then Maria follows her in and closes the door and I am confused. Maria said she fears Cherry and everyone but me. I hear all of the vile shit she spews at Cherry, and I become sick to my stomach. The more I hear the paler I become at the end I vomit in the trash can. I took a bitch's word I knew for very little time over a friend's word I knew for years. What the fuck is wrong with me? "Play it again Tech. I want this asshole to hear it thirty times because, for the last thirty days, he put Cherry through hell. Beast and Wolf make sure, he watches it twenty-nine more times." Mayhem says and walks out. By the end I have tears rolling. I fucked up. I can't believe how much of a dumbass I have been. I get up to leave but Beast sits me back down. "Church is going to start soon. The whole club needs to see and hear this, then some other things need to be discussed," he states. "I will be back for church. I need to find and apologize to Cherry. I fucked up so bad." I reply. "Wait until after," Wolf says as everyone starts shuffling in. Now, I guess I have to.

     Mayhem walks in and hits his gavel down. "I have a video you all need to see and hear. Tech play it for him." A few of the guys that had been on my side through most of the last month all pale as the video plays like I still do. "I can see by all of the pale faces and guilty looks, that our Veep wasn't the only one to give Cherry hell. I am ashamed of all of you. Now before all of you think you can just go apologize and make it all better there is more to it. As you heard in the video Maria called Cherry, Alejandro's Irish doll. That is part of this letter I will read to you and then tell the story.

Dear Mayhem and Sheila,

     I am so happy and proud to have gotten to call you friends and family. Five years ago, you took a chance on a woman you didn't know. You invited me in and welcomed me. You always treated me like family even when you didn't have to. I know it took me a week to open up to you and tell you, my story. Then you helped me get a new identity and let me do what I needed to do to heal. Yes, most would think becoming a sweetbutt after all I had been through is a strange way to heal but it worked for me. It was having the power over being able to say with who and when that helped.

      Then as you know a couple of years ago, I was healed enough to try to love, and I fell for your son. It was both a blessing and a curse. I gave up sleeping with everyone and made changes in my life. I think it is time everyone knows my story. Please tell them everything you know. I will always love you both and will miss you dearly. They say time and distance heals all wounds; I shall see.