Starting Work

CHERRY/GABRIELLE POV

      It has been a long few days. The good news is my house is together. My security system is in and operational. Tank has been a welcome distraction; he has a bed in my room but prefers to cuddle with me. Between all the work being done, unpacking what I brought with me, and arranging what I bought, it has been busy. I have had dinner twice with Betty this past week too. She is an awesome lady. I also got Trixie, hacker extraordinaire, to help me get letters to Ivy, Sheila, and Sadie, that can't trace back to me here. It eases the guilt I feel for leaving them without a proper goodbye. Also, I just miss them like hell.

    Today is my first day at work. I am excited and nervous. Yeah, I have cooked, served, and worked at a bar before but that was for family. I knew them, I could joke with them, and I knew I was getting tipped. Here is a whole new ball field. I have to get to know the regulars, find out how to deal with the handsy ones without trouble, and hope for tips. Also nervous about bikers seeing me, even if they aren't normal around here. Also, I know Alejandro knows I am alive. Trixie told me he has a contract out for me to be found and brought to him alive. She told me this morning. I asked to make sure that she somehow gets the info to Sons of Silence in Colorado since that's where he will send them. I told her about Tech, and she thinks she can use some hacking channels to let them know. That way she isn't exposed to them or risks exposing me to them either. Her and Jack have gone into hiding, since Alejandro has to have figured it out that he helped me.

     I walk into work, Mark and Trisha both say hello. Mark introduces me to MaryAnn, Robert, Mikael, Quinn, and Pat. They all work here too. He tells me he will mostly have me run the bar tonight. Work flies by, I wait on customers and get to talk to Trisha some. MaryAnn mostly avoids me, that's okay too. The rest are in the kitchen and don't get to interact with them much. I meet a few of the regulars and handle the bar. It keeps me busy, and I earn a few tips. Had to turn down a few advances and let Mark know that when a guy tried to grab my ass, but all in all a good first day. Now I am tired and can't wait to get home to Tank.