Unexpected Allegiances

MAYHEM POV

     We are getting ready to sit down for lunch, when the phone started ringing. Sheila being the closest to it, she answered. I watched her face pale as the person was talking. "I'll get him right away." I heard her say, then she yelled, "Mayhem, phone for you, you may want to take it in your office." She points to Wolf, Bear, and Khaos to follow me. She puts the call on hold and tells me line one, as I head towards my office.

   I pick up line one as I sit down behind my desk. "Hello, this is Mayhem. I heard you need to talk to me about something important." I say. "Yes, I do. This is Pablo Garcia. Do you know who I am?" he asks. "Yes, you are Alejandro Garcia's oldest brother. Leader of a large cartel in Mexico. Since when we rescued some women from your brother and shot him, he didn't die, can't be calling to threaten retaliation. Since we don't sell or traffic drugs anymore, can't be calling for that either. So, either you're calling to threaten us to help your brother or to warn us to help us. Threatening us won't help since Cherry left, and we don't know where she is. So, I am hoping you are calling to help us because I heard of what his stunt a few years ago cost you and your family. I heard family is just as important to you as it is to us." I reply. "Si, familia is very important to me. Alejandro is more of a liability to our family than some help. His trafficking of women got our oldest sister kidnapped and whored out, until we could save her. Did you hear about that too? We may traffic guns and drugs but never women. We were raised to treat women with respect. I know you can't tell it from Alejandro but our momá raised us right. Papa did too. I can't kill him because our dear momá still thinks her baby boy can be saved. I know better. Frankly my momá scares me and my men more than the devil himself. So, I want to help you, all I want in return is me never having to worry about him again. I don't care if you kill him or just keep him prisoner until he dies. I don't want any more of his dealings or schemes coming back to hurt my family. So, I will watch him and inform you on his plans and movements in trade for never hearing from or seeing him again. My way of protecting my family and yours. Do we have a deal?" Padro asks. "We hadn't heard about your oldest sister. We are sorry. We have a deal. Normally this would be a club vote, but I am making an executive decision. I am sure you need an answer before Alejandro, or his men overhear or cause more trouble. I want to protect the rest of your family and mine too. Gracias, Pablo." I reply. We talked a little more and I gave him my cell phone number and a direct line to me. He gives us permission to check out the rest of his family and his story. Also gives us permission to gain access to his security system and its stored files. Says most of it has audio too. Hopefully this helps us keep the women and Cherry safe.

    After I hang up the phone, I ask the guys in the office if I made the right decision. I know I should have put it to a vote. I also understand he needed the answer immediately. They tell me I made the right choice, same one they would have. "Let's go eat lunch, then we will have church." I tell them. They all nod and we walk out together. "Church after we all eat." I yell as I enter the dining area.

    Since everyone else ate while we were on the call from Pablo, we hurried through eating. Once we finish, I stand up, "Church now." I demand. Once everyone is seated, I bang the gavel. "As everyone heard, I had a phone call earlier. I made a deal during that call, I know I didn't put it to a vote, but it's a deal to help protect the women and this club. I will explain. The deal was time sensitive, at the time, so he could talk and not be overheard. The call was from Pablo Garcia." I state. "Alejandro's brother? That Pablo Garcia? The Mexican cartel brother?" Ink asks. "The one and the same," confirms Wolf, "Khaos, Bear and I was there for the call too. We heard it all." Both nod confirming what Wolf said. "Are you sure we can trust him? Does he know what we do to people who betrays us?" Beast asks with a sneer while cracking his knuckles. "Yeah, we can. I am sure he knows what we do with traitors. Tech, he gave us permission not only to look into him but his whole family. Also gave us permission to gain access to his security system. Most includes audio. Once we have access, we will have access to anything from the last week, it is stored that long. If we gain our own access, we will know it's unaltered." I reply. "What does he want in return? I won't agree to getting back into drug running. We lost way too many good people that way." Ice replies. We did lose a lot of members during that time, including Ice's dad during our exit from it. Ice was a kid and grew up without him. Being who we are, we made sure he knew who he was and how great of a man he was. "He only wants to never have to see or hear from Alejandro again. He doesn't care if we kill him or just makes sure he never sees the daylight again. In return he will keep us updated on Alejandro's plans and movements." I reply. "Oh, we definitely can do that. I will enjoy doing that." Beast replies with a smile. Since that smile makes some men piss their pants or shiver. Does it still qualify as a smile? "Does everyone agree with the deal I made? I want to protect not only our club, but our women, and Cherry." I ask. "Aye Prez" was heard from all. That's what I love about this club, about my family. This club is my family, there is no doubt about that.  "Okay, Tech, start background checks on the Garcia family. Especially the oldest sister, the one that Pablo said was kidnapped and whored out as revenge for Alejandro trafficking women. Then get into their security and I want to see everything since Alejandro arrived and before. We need to see that. I feel in my gut we can trust Pablo but better safe than sorry. We will have church again after you get into them. Thanks for having faith and trust in me to do what's best for this club. Church dismissed." I state banging the gavel.