Blast From The Past

MAYHEM POV

     I am glad to see Cherry so happy. This business of hers is not only good for her but good for the club. Since my dad ran the club, he let his own bullshit pull this club into bullshit too. I have spent my presidency pulling us out of the bullshit. My father was an old-school shoot them up, we have to be the biggest and badass club around kind of ass. I got us out of buying, running, and selling hard drugs. I got us out of being the go-to club for guns. Now we just sell weed to clubs that are in states where it's not legal and sell guns to a few of them clubs too. Small arms deals and small weed deals now are all we do illegal, but I have gotten us somewhat legal. We now own legitimate businesses. We have an auto repair shop, a custom bike shop, a tattoo shop, three bars, and two strip clubs. We also co-own a cannabis dispensary. For me, this is another legitimate business adventure. If we ever want to go legitimate, these businesses will help us. Ever since Mjolnir went to prison, that is I wanted us to get as legitimate as possible. Maybe not 100% but close.

     I excuse myself, tired of the chit-chat and needing to get things done before Pablo or his men call. I call our club lawyers, "Hello, Haylie Donahue, speaking how may I help you?" a sweet voice answers and I am blasted into the past. She says hello two more times before I can answer. "Hello, sorry Haylie you caught me by surprise. I didn't know you were back in the area. This is Harley Collins, is Jack available? I need some papers drawn up." I finally stumble out. "Oh shit. Sorry. Yeah, I am back in the area, Mom died and left me her house. Don't tell Luke, please. You know why. Jack's not here but I can draw them up." she replies. "I need them brought to the clubhouse, notarized, and filed today. I am not sure, you doing it would be good, since you don't want Luke to know you're back. You know he pushed you away all those years ago to protect you, right?" I ask. "What do you mean to protect me?" she asks panicky sounding. "After my dad died and I took over I started working on getting the club out of all the bad shit he had gotten us into. That was the year I pulled us out of the last of it. It took years to undo all the harm he caused. Anyways, I pissed off a lot of people and we also were blamed by the Gonzalez cartel for the deaths in their family. It caused us to go to war and we had to prove our innocents. He didn't want you hurt. So he shoved you away. He loved you enough to protect you no matter the cost. Hell, he still loves you. He won't date, he's no angel or monk, but he says you still own his heart. It wouldn't be fair to date and not be able to love that person." I tell her even if it feels like I am betraying a brother, hell a son. 

     I can hear her crying and some sobs. "No, I think it might be best if I do, do your papers, and come there. I have made a mistake before. I kept our kids from their dad. I need to talk to him, in private after the papers are done." she sobs. "I will do all, I can to help you. Do you want me to tell him before you get here so he can get his anger out about not knowing? I am not saying you were right or wrong for the way things are, but you did the best you could given the circumstances. I could just be there when you talk as a buffer if you want." I offer shock and hurt for Ink. "I think it would be best I'd he heard it from me, but maybe you, Wolf, and Sheila can be there for a buffer." Haylie reasons. "Yeah, we can do that. Hell, I will have Ivy, Wolf's wife and my adopted daughter, help too. She has a way to make people see reason. Just try to not take it personally or hold it against him, when he is angry and what stupid things he says then." I respond. "I will do my best to remember that. Our son, Lucas, and our daughters, Layke and Laila, need to know their father. More than the stories I told them of him being away for the family business. That he left before I even got to tell him about them. I show them pictures and tell them he will love them and already does, even if he doesn't know it yet." she responds. "Wow. Triplets? You are an amazingly strong woman. We will help. The papers I can email you about what they need in them. Just need your email. Then we will see you soon after that." I tell her. She gives me her email and confirms triplets. I email telling her about the agreement with Cherry and the agreement for her to use 10 acres of our land for the business. I also send her my cell and office numbers, asking her to let me know when she is on her way. Steve, our contractor, calls as I am emailing. Tells me Cherry gave the go-ahead to get the materials and would let him know when he could start building and where. I confirm these details and tell him we will be marking off 10 acres for the project. It will need fencing around it to keep the dogs in. My treat at that cost, was a present for her new business. He agrees to add that to his materials. I thank him and hang up.