Chapter 20

---

"Okay, so, everyone ready?" After gaining several positive responses, Sapnap set up a compasses so the little needles were pointing at XD. "Go, go, go!" Sucking in a deep breath, XD ran away from the group into the nearby woods. They followed his trail, leaving George behind to collect the resources and get the gear. Smart move, he had to admit. And there he was now, leaping from one tree to another, gripping each branch as he landed on the thicker one so he wouldn't fall off. Others, however struggled to do so, since XD made sure to break the branch he landed on after hooping onto another branch.

"Shit, I can't see him anymore!" He heard Sapnap's faint voice and several annoyed groans from the girl and other boys. As he saw the clearing, he jumped from the tree, landing on his feet. The fall was a bit painful, to be honest. But that didn't matter. He needed to get wood. He broke oft several branches of the tree for a crafting table, then got more branches and crafted a wooden pickaxe. He didn't have time to craft any other tools as he heard the familiar shouts of the hunters. He broke into sprint once again, making as less noise as he could to avoid getting spotted. The forest came to the end and he was now in the plain hills. Several feet away from him was a cave. Finally. Took so long. He hopped into the dark cave, quickly mining some stone and upgrading the pickaxe into stone.

He also crafted a stone axe to get more wood in the near future. That's when he heard a hiss of the creeper. Eyes wide, he jumped away from the spot he's been standing on, and a moment later, the explosion followed. Letting out a sigh of relief, he gnawed at his lip, deciding to explore the cave to find some coal and iron. He needed the torch. Usually, he'd see in the dark, but this form didn't allow him that. He'd have to drink the night vision potion to gain that time limited effect. Which probably won't be happening because he doesn't have time for that. The goal is to defeat the hunters as quick as possible.

---

On the other side, Y/n and her team already acquired iron tools and now were exploring the cave for more iron ores. They needed  armour as well.
"C'mon, Gogy, we don't need armour. There's four or us, and he's all by himself. We'll take him down." Sapnap whined but George remained silent, then brightened up upon seeing the silver glint of an iron ore. He quickly mined the whole vein, continuing the exploration. Y/n and Karl were on the surface, mining wood and getting food. Y/n spotted a village so they looted it's chests and got bread from hay bales. Y/n killed the iron golem, crafting a bucket for water. They patrolled the area, waiting for George and Sapnap to return since they agreed to meet up in the village before they split up. Minutes later, the duo returned from the cave, with some iron.

Sapnap had an iron chest plate and boots, while George had only iron leggings and a shield. Sapnap handed Y/n the helmet and boots since she already found leather chest plate in the village. Karl got the boots and helmet as well, but he had leather leggings on. All of them had iron axes, except Y/n who chose to craft a sword instead of an axe. George fetches his compass and it was pointing to west. They departed that way, after XD.

And him, well...He already got himself a full iron set of armour and tools. Now, he was looking for diamonds to upgrade his equipment. The luck was on his side and he found a small vein. He upgraded his sword, since he got only two diamonds. Equipping the shield, he left the cave, but he didn't even make it too far from it as he heard the excited shouts.

"I see him, I see him! Let's go get him!" His head whipped around and he briefly debated whether should he face them or not. He would get outnumbered if he did, but they didn't have very good equipment... Screw it. He thought to himself before charging at Sapnap who was leading the team and had the best gear so far. Two weapons collided against each other, diamond against the iron. Y/n came to Sapnap's rescue, slamming her body into XD in attempts to knock him off his feet. Which didn't work as XD stood his ground. He pushed with force against Sapnap, swiftly tripping Y/n with his leg, catching her off guard. Then, George and Karl attacked him at the same time. He ducked, avoiding their sword slashes, rolling away from them and quickly rising to his feet to flee. He could run away or...tower up, which would be extremely risky. Scanning the area, he spotted a pond. Perfect.

"Get him! Don't let him slip away!"
"He's gonna tower up!" Y/n exclaimed, predicting his next move. Placing blocks after blocks under his feet, he towered up until he ran out of blocks. Since he was close to the pond, he could make that jump. Glancing down, he saw two of the hunters towering up as well, while two others were staying down in case XD decided to make a jump. Y/n stopped towering up for a moment, to glance up at XD, only to be blinded by sunlight. She rubbed her eyes, glancing down and shuddering as she was high above the ground. She wouldn't survive if she ever fell. That's when an arrow whizzed past her, causing her eyes to widen. He was trying to knock them off the towers.

"Shields!" She shouted at Sapnap, George who was higher than her, and he raised his shield just in time before the allow was plunged into it's wood. Breathing out a sigh of relief, he hesitantly looked up, only to see XD aiming at him again. The arrow was ready, and as he released the arrow, it flew straight at the center of the shield, the impact making Sapnap stumble a little and almost lose his balance on the block. He grabbed the wood of the tower to balance himself properly and shot a glare at the blonde who was loading another arrow. However it was aimed at his legs and XD tried his best to graze it only and not injure his leg. As XD ran out of arrows, he exhaled a deep breath, debating his escape options.
"He's jumping!" A faint cry was heard from below, alerting two other hunters above.

---