Chapter 25

---

"You're an absolute nightmare." He deadpanned, watching her mock him.
"Good." Y/n grinned, sticking out a tongue at him, which caused him to turn away from her with a deep sigh.
"I hate you."
"I love you too, baby." He mumbled an incoherent sentence, flushing a pretty pink. He felt her arms wrap around him, pulling him closer to herself and her head bury in his wings.
"What are you doing?"
"

Cuddling. Do you not like it?"
"No- it just..." He broke off with a sigh since he was used to spooning her. And this time it was different. "Can we change positions?"
"Hm, why?" She mumbled against his wings.
"It feels unusual."

"Fine." His face lit up immediately, as he flipped over, facing her now. He curled one arm around her waist, holding her firmly.
"Thanks, sweets, this is much better." He smiled contently, gaining a nod from her.
"So, how's Drista doing?"
"Just fine. At least, she's having fun with Sapnap and Tommy. I'm glad they didn't kill anyone."
"Yet." Y/n laughed lightly. "I have a feeling that they'll start something soon."
"Don't jinx it." He shook his head with a smile.
"No, but seriously, watch over them."
"I am, I have a little helper out there, keeping me on loop."

"Who?"
"One of these little guys." He smiled, summoning an eye of Ender in his palm, showing it to her. Y/n eyed it, curious.
"Wait- it's alive?"
"Yep. They're like...my followers that help me around." The eye flew closer to her, blinking curiously.
"Can I touch it?"
"Go ahead." Y/n cautiously patted the lid of the eye. It was surprisingly soft, but how is that even possible?
"Does it have a name?"
"I don't name them. But...you can if you want."
"Hmmm...Arson. It's name is Arson." The Eye blinked once again, flying off to watch over them at night, fulfilling it's duty.

"What..?" He laughed heartedly. "You're so bad with the names."
"Hey! You take it back!"
"Nope." It was his turn to grin, causing her to pout.
"If I'm so bad, them name it yourself." His grin faltered immediately, replaced by somewhat lost expression.
"Uh- well..." He avoided her gaze, trying to think of a name but coming up with none under her mocking gaze.
"Hah!" She snorted, breaking off with a laugh.
"Don't laugh at me! I never said I was better-"
"Ohhh, is that so? Well, so you do admit that you're not better than me?"

"In names, yes, kinda. But I'm better than you overall. I'm a God, after all." He shrugged, smug.
"We really have to get rid of your huge ass ego."
"Yeah? Do something about it." XD winked, grinning like an idiot, not realising what he's gotten himself into. Poor guy.
"Think I will. Soon." She grinned back, sinister. His expression melted into one of  confusion for a moment, as he blinked rapidly, head tilted to the side. Huh..?
"What are you-"

"Shhh." She shushed him. "Don't think about it, just sleep. It's late." He glanced at her, before nodding hesitantly. He grasped her hand before she could pull it away and peppered her knuckles with loving kisses.
"Goodnight, darling."
"Night." She smiled, pressing her lips on his forehead with a smile. He hummed, content, pulling her closer to himself, as she looked around, trying to find Arson, but failing to do so. She gave up, nuzzling her face into XD's chest, listening to his steady, soothing heartbeat.

---

She woke up at the sound of the birds singing their throats out outdoors, behind the window in XD's room. Y/n scanned the room, unable to find her... boyfriend. Was this a right term to describe him? Was he even her boyfriend? They weren't really official but...eh, boyfriend it is. She shrugged, shaking off the thoughts that bothered her from the very morning and yawning. She winced at the brightness of the room. Y/n couldn't stand light. It was just too bright for her liking. Agonizingly bright, even.

"Oh! You're up, finally." XD chirped happily as she made her way downstairs, sleepy.
"Good morning."
"Morning."
"Imma go shower." He nodded.
"Your clothes are ready there."
"Wha- how?"
"Well... I just teleported them here?" He laughed awkwardly, smiling.
"Right, alright then. Thanks."
"No problem."

---

"You're indeed a male housewife." Y/n cooed teasingly, gaining a frown from XD.
"Alright, no breakfast for you. And you're going home." He sneered, glaring at the h/c girl.
"Noooo... fine, fine, I'll stop." She mumbled, pouting.
"Good. Now eat. Wouldn't want you to starve." She hummed, taking a bite out of the toast he offered her. "How's it?"
"Gud. Taztez griat."
"Holy... don't talk with full mouth!" XD scolded Y/n.
"You were the one who asked how it tasted!" She countered.
"Well, you could tell after you finished the bite!"

"Can't leave you waiting, now, can I?" Y/n smiled up at him innocently, gaining a grumble from him.
"I don't mind waiting an eternity when it comes to you." This one left Y/n speechless, her face being the flushing mess.
"Don't say that, you idiot." She mumbled, slapping his arm, but receiving no damage back. But he wasn't in his mortal form anymore, so what the-
"Why not?"
"It's embarrassing, jeez."
"Ohhh...do I fluster you, darling?" He cooed, leaning into her personal space, with a sly, shit eating grin.
"You don't. Now get your face off me so I can eat properly." She pushed his face away, to which he whined and fought her hand weakly but gave up eventually, sitting back properly.

"What's this?" XD questioned, voice light, curious as he poked at the communication device she had with her in her backpack, but which he never noticed.
"Oh, this? This is like walkie talkie but slightly different. Helps you to communicate with others from a distance."
"That's cool, wait- it means that you can contact anyone from here, right?"
"Mhm."
"Can we talk to Sapnap or George, then?"
"Sure?" She switched on her device, texting George. A moment after, there was a reply from him. XD watched all that, amazed. Humans really did invent some useful stuff. When he saw the text, George was all worried, asking about the duo's well-beings, which brought a small smile upon his face.

---