Chapter 27

CW: kissing

---

"Oh hey, you're back." Y/n smiled up at him as he materialised in front of her out of thin air.
"Hi..." His voice was lower than usual, sounding more...drained.
"You seem tried. What did they do?" He sat down next to her on the bed with a deep sigh.
"They blew up some stuff, flying around on pigs and uh- apparently, broke Techno out of prison. I had to watch them repair the damaged houses."
"What the- is Techno back in the prison, at least?" She questioned, worried for her safety, tensing up immediately.
"Of course. I cannot afford him being free at the moment."

"Phew..." Y/n breathed out a sigh of relief, hand on her chest.
"I wouldn't let him come near you, don't you worry. You're not getting hurt when I'm around."

"You're a cheeky bastard." XD offered her a warm smile in return, ruffling her hair soothingly. She didn't rebel, letting him do it, leaning against his chest, melting against him, even though she knew she'd have to fix her hair later.
"Y/n, I have to ask you something, if that doesn't bother you." He spoke up after a beat of silence. She hummed, letting him know that she's listening to him. "What does showing your middle finger to someone mean?" Her face remained neutral for a moment, before confusion washed over her. Is he serious?
"Who-"
"Tommy showed that to Sapnap. I didn't get it."
"XD. Do you want to know this?" Her tone was serious as she retraced from his chest, looking up at him, maintaining a tense eye contact with him. His brows were knitted together as he nodded. "Are you sure? Like, really sure?" A brief hesitation flashed in his golden orbs, mixed with confusion.

"You make it sound like it's something serious-"
"Just answer. There's no way back once you get to know what that means." Now, he was unsure. He couldn't tell if she was acting dramatically just to scare him or it wasn't acting.
"I...Do wanna know. I'm certain of it. Yes."
"Okay, here goes nothing..." She released a sigh before inching closer to his face. XD gulped, blinking profusely at the sudden closeness. "It means..." She whispered, intensifying the situation further. His eyes were darting around, nervous. "Telling someone to fuck off." His brain stuttered to stop upon hearing the answer he was seeking. He didn't expect such...answer.
"What..? You, are you for real- You made it sound so serious! What's wrong with you?" He hollered, scoffing while pushing her face away. Y/n retraced her face from his personal space and let the giggles finally spill from her lips.

"Your reaction was totally worth it! You should have seen your face!" She countered, trying to stop her giggling. So...impossible. He growled low in his throat, annoyed, feeling somewhat dumb for falling for the trick and in one swift motion, he had her pinned down on the bed by her wrists. Her giggles died down in her throat immediately, her face growing hot.
"You're such a tease, I hope you know that."
"I do know that." She breathed out, looking away from his intense gaze, suddenly feeling small beneath him.
"You know, I still hold onto that promise I made in the cave, you know that? You remember that, right?" Memories of that day flooded her mind and he chuckled, sensing them in her mind. Damned son of a-

"Wha- yeah, I just...I remember."
"Good. Because your plays are all unfair, always so tricky." He inched his face closer, his breath fanning her face faintly.
"It's not my fault that you're so tempting."
"Oh, am I?" He chuckled, low, amused. When she finally looked up, his golden gaze clashed with hers. "You don't even know what miracles you do to me. It's..." He paused, trying to find the right word to continue the sentence.
"It's what?" She cocked an eyebrow at that, genuinely curious.
"It's ethereal. You're ethereal." He finally breathed out, with a soft smile.
"Oh yeah?" Smirk overlook her facial features right away. "Then kiss me." She challenged him.

"Gladly, my love." Who was he to turn down her request? She felt her heart skip a beat at the name, cheeks burning, eyes fluttering shut as she felt his soft lips on here in an instant. Their lips were slotted against each other, in a perfect manner. He got surprisingly well after they shared their last kiss. A quick learner, indeed. The kiss was soft, affectionate, their lips communicating in the best way possible, sharing feelings they held in. He pulled away from her lips, diving right back as he let her catch her breath. "You don't realise the amount of love I hold for you in my heart." He spoke between the short, yet sweet, adoring kisses, making sure to maintain the eye contact with her while speaking.
"Simp." She shot right back, ruining the moment.

"Oh come on...Why do you always have to be like that?" He huffed out a laugh, pulling away from her a little, releasing her wrists from his grip. She took the opportunity, wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing him down to her lever to peck his lips once, before nuzzling against his neck with a sigh. "Tired?" He questioned, it was almost night, he wouldn't be surprised if she was sleepy or tired by now.
"Not really, just comfy and sleepy. Cuddles?"
"Anything for you." He chuckled softly, rolling off her on the bed, getting her hands off himself in the process. And as he got comfortable, XD had Y/n snuggled up to his side immediately. His wing rested on her like always, to keep her cozy. She hummed, content, as he pressed a kiss on her forehead. "Rest assured, darling. Goodnight."

"M'kay then... g'night, XD. Love you." Slipped out of her and she didn't even realize that. But XD did. His eyes grew wide, lips parting in utter surprise. Was she being serious when she said that? Glancing down at her, he spotted her already drifting off to sleep. A silent sigh escaped his lips, his eyelids dropping shut in complete defeat. He couldn't bother her to ask if she really meant that. He'd wait till the morning, till she wakes up. He'd wait. He needed to hear that once again, he just needed it.

---

A/n: we're super close to the epilogue, fucking finally! And thank you for 4k+!