Chapter 3 - Do the spooky dance!

Just gonna warn you now, this gonna have a lot of Keith x Cherry before the events of week 3, which still will take a while to get the plot going.

Keith POV
I walked in

Seemed pretty empty in here, just some house. Apparently my next challenger is going to be here. All I see is two kids, and I have no idea why they would want to have her?

My back was killing me too, apparently I don't like sleeping on cement. Cracked cement at that. At least he was getting food now, and not starving. Cherry was starting to pay me, so all isn't lost. I can't afford in even the shadiest of places, but at least I won't die of hunger. I hadn't even realize how much I missed those home cooked meals from my mom.

Such a shame such nice dinners were from a demon of a lady.

I learnt their names ended up being skid and pump. Nice names for those kids, but at first I didn't even think they were human, until skid accidentally ripped a tiny bit of his mask and took it off to inspect the damage. The other one, pump, also took off his pumpkin costume so they other wouldn't feel left out.

They actually seemed to share one brain, really. Not in a rude way or anything. I think Cherry might have liked them, but personally after being introduced I felt like I was exhausted. Nice kids, but they have way too much time and energy.

We had to get started on the song eventually though. I felt confident I could win against literal kids. I even picked hard, both on these songs Spookez, South, and *******. Huh, wonder what that last one said. It was all crossed out, no chance of being coherent.

The beat started up and all of a sudden I learnt what fear is. Not the lightning, either, although that was pretty horrifying.

No, no, no. I'm talking about the song being so hard, that I lost. At first, the kids seemed so upbeat. And I wasn't feeling so good.

"Woohoo! We won the spooky fight!" One of the kids said. I couldn't tell who anymore, they just turned into one blur.

"Uhh, mister, are you okay?" I was in fact, not, and I suddenly felt-

CRACK!

I was dead.

Cherry tried calling out to me, but it was hopeless.

I was stuck in my mind. I was basically a mute prisoner, I couldn't escape, speak, or lift my body. My skeleton showed, along with my nuts. I later learned this was a "blue-ball" state that happens when I lose.

I didn't want this, to be dead or anything! But just as I thought those words, something lit up and I was to just before the fight.

This time, it was time for me to pick easy. And I passed this time. I was a beast, the kids didn't know how to respond.

Ok, fine, maybe I only just barely passed, but it still felt cool! The kids tilted their head down and seemed upset. "No! We lost the spooky fight!" The pumpkin said, with the skeleton cheering them up.

Oh yeah, updates.

I suppose I'm doing good, I'm not losing so it's fine. I had to say bye to Cherry and leave to go. She said i love you, but I don't know if I still love her. It sounds wrong, yes, but still, I can't force feelings. Despite all this, I bubbled it all down and told her I loved her.