Chapter 9 - Childhood Memories

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to write this chapter again. I'm so excited! I'm going to introduce a lot of events here so be prepared lol.

(In celebration of Reunion reaching 2.5k reads and this reaching 300!)

3rd person (because it's easier for a chapter this long).

Pico and Keith were climbing up the vents, a rookie mistake that they used to make when they were kids. It's been a while since they did that as kids.

In fact, they haven't done a lot of things since they were kids. Mostly spending time together or...y'know, being in love.

Though, if Pico played his cards right, it might happen again.

They went up to the roof completely, ash covered all over. Looking like they just came out of a mine, they realized...

They could've just taken the stairs.

It was an old abandoned building, a lot of history specifically for the boys themselves. They had known both the owners and the daughter.

They both remembered it while watching the stars, sitting in their seats from so long ago. The forgotten history...

[flashback]

Pico and Keith were dating, Keith being 13 and Pico being 13 and a half. Date spots were hard to come by, so they would go wherever they could.

Shady ass parks, Pico's house (his parents approved whole-heartedly), and anywhere else. You name it, they dated there.

Of course, they weren't kissing or anything. Being gay wasn't exactly approved back then, but they would always be sweet with each other.

Making out would be saved for Pico's house.

They would often skip PE or some other class they didn't care about. More specifically, Pico would skip and Keith would follow his boyfriend.

They still managed to thankfully get a B, which was enough for both of their parents.

At the moment, Pico was locked out, parks were getting boring, and every other public place was closed or not interesting.

The place they decided on looked decent. Not terrible, but not great either. There was no good place to enter and leave so they had to climb through all the vents.

Apparently it used to be some extremely respected restaurant, but the owner grew so old he couldn't run it anymore. The daughter was now running it, albeit to a lesser extent.

As they got to the top, it was a mess of leaves, dust, and some old expired ingredients? It was empty, and they took the chance to have a quick date here.

Sweet nothings, one peck on the lips, the danger of getting caught made it exciting.

They were just talking when all of a sudden, the owner himself came up to the roof.

The two thought they were caught and were preparing to run, when the owner suddenly brought out chairs.

They were confused at first, thinking they got lured into a trap. When suddenly, the owner brought out chairs for some reason.

"I don't want anybody to get a cold. Loved ones could lose body parts if you stay here out here since it's so cold. You young couples shouldn't want each other to lose your limbs!" The owner said.

This really surprised Keith and Pico, who, while not being super secretive with their relationship, didn't exactly blurt it out to everyone. Only one or two people knew.