Scotch

Raven's POV: 

It was the day of the 'great Wayne Family Ball'. My mother, Lois Lane, and my father, Clark Kent, have asked me to attend this year. Well more like they told me I must attend because my father is friends with Bruce Wayne. I guess it would be rude for me not to come, but it doesn't mean I won't be bored out of my mind. 

I had chosen a silk floor-lengthed gown that was a deep purple (almost black). My favorite part of the dress was the open back. I wore plain silver jewelry to add a pop of color and slipped my phone into a clutch purse. 

I was staying at their house to get ready together, but I lived in the city. I loved my parents a lot, but being with them every day can be a challenge. With their constant lovey-dovey romantic gestures and my dad's need to watch everything I do, it can be a lot. That is why I moved out. 

"Darling," my mother called for me from downstairs. 

"Mom," I called back, peeking my head out of the door. 

She was walking up the stairs and when she turned the corner she was holding the back of her dress. "Your father had to leave and I can't seem to zip this up." I laughed and walked out of my room fully. She gasped and her eyes ran over me. "You look stunning."

"Thanks, mom," I smile and walk to stand behind her. 

"Your brother seems to be kicking a lot today," she said as she placed her hand over her round stomach. 

I was an adopted child that Clark brought home one day in the first year of their marriage. I was six already and I have lived with them for fourteen years of my life now. I was happy that they were starting a family of their own, and when Lois told me the news I was nothing but happy for her. 

"I can't wait to meet him," I smiled as I finished zipping her dress. 

"Only six more weeks," she said, excitement clear in her voice. Since getting pregnant, mom has been having morning sickness, sore feet, strange appetite, and easy-to-change moods. I know she is tired of being pregnant any longer, and I am looking forward to having my mom back. 

"After you give birth you will feel back to your normal self. And dad will let you go back to doing your dangerous new reporting." I smile, knowing that she is looking forward to that the most. 

"Your father isn't going to like your dress," she changed the subject. 

"He is making me go to this thing, so I get to choose what to wear," I say firmly. 

"When he sees you though, he will be embarrassing," she turns to face me. "I love the dress as it is, but just be prepared for your father's strange behavior." 

I smile and nod. "I know." 

"Now, your father might be late because he was called out for a bank robbery, so how about you portal us to the front doors so I don't have to ride in an uncomfortable car." She begs me. Dad would have said no because he doesn't like me using my powers for selfish reasons, but I didn't mind. And mom would be more comfortable if I did this. 

"Sure," I nod. "Do you have everything?" 

She nods in answer and links her arm with mine. "I don't understand why these things start so early. I mean if this is a dinner party then why are we starting at four?" 

"They are rich," I shrug. "They don't care about time." 

"I don't know if that is true," she rolls her eyes. 

"Mom," I turn to her. "Please stay with father or me tonight. Don't go all reporter on people and wear yourself out. And don't offend anyone." 

"I won't," she sighs. "You and your father must have had a talk or something."