Wayne Galla

Raven's POV:

Sitting in a chair, reading my new book The Princess Bride, I was sipping tea in the living room of the Titan Tower. Lucky for me Titus was sitting on my lap. I was petting him while reading.

Titus's head raised, making me look up.

"Raven, oh am I happy to see you." Kori came over and sat at the other end of the couch.

"Kori." I set my book down and looked at her.

"We have exciting news!" She beamed. "Bruce Wayne has just invited us all to the famous Wayne Gala!"

"A Gala?"

"Yes. Dick just brought the invitation." Kori handed me a letter. I didn't need to look at it.

"Kori, I am not much of a "Gala" person." I hand her back the letter.

"It is not a negotiation. It is another mandatory event, Raven." She handed me back the letter. "Raven, you and I are the only girls. We need to get our dresses!"

I groan. "Kori I am not one for fancy dresses and whatnot."

"Nonsense." She grabbed my hand, pulling me off the couch. Titus stirred and looked at me with his head tilted. "Come now. The ball is in one week."

"Are we going shopping now?" I said as she pulled me out of the room and down the hall.

"What a wonderful idea." She pulled me down to the Titan garage and into a car. "I know of this place that sells beautiful dresses."

"And what about patrol?" I had to be on patrol in twenty minutes.

"Dick has taken your shift." She said as we pulled out of the garage. "I believe you had shifted with Damian, no?"

"Yes," I said, slightly embarrassed. Why was I embarrassed? It was only patrolled.

"Then Dick will inform Damian of the change when they meet for patrol," Kori said, pulling out of the driveway.

It was a fifteen-minute drive to wherever Kori was taking me. I sat silently in the car, listening to her go on about what we all needed.

"Oh, and we have to make sure we get makeup." She said as she parked. "Dick said that the night before we will be set up in rooms, and that day we will get ready."

"The whole day just to get ready?" I got out of the car. "Doesn't that seem a little much?"

"The Gala starts at one in the afternoon and lasts almost the whole day." She smiled and locked the car. "So, we have to get up and get our hair and makeup done and then get dressed."

"That just seems a little excessive." I shrug and follow her into a store.

Right when I walked in, we were surrounded by dresses. They were all different colors. They were so bright and so... unlike me.

I sighed and looked at Kori. She smiled and walked over to a rack of dresses, already looking over some choices. I went over beside her and started to look at some of them.

"Hello, welcome to Barnes. Is this your first-time shopping here?" A lady walked up to us.

"Oh yes, my friend and I are looking for nice dresses for a Gala." Kori smiled at her.

"Oh, how wonderful." She stepped closer. Turning to Kori she looked right at her. "I think I have the perfect dress for you."

Kori followed the lady over to another rack as the lady pulled out a pink dress. Kori smiled so bright that it was hard to look at her in that state.