13 - That is very domestic of you

"She opened her eyes and met his. The impact was so strong he was amazed his fingers vontinued playing without a pause."
-Patricia Briggs

~*~

Park Chaeyoung

Park Chaeyoung

I sat on the kitchen counter watching Jungkook cook dinner. The humour of the situation amused me bringing a smile to my face. Just this morning I sat in my living room trying to comprehend his presence in my life and sneakily gazing at him cook from my living room. It felt like I grew up in this few hours. The time felt so less and so long at the same time.

It's like the psychology video I saw as a research for my portfolio was true. Life is the Matrix movie and falling in love is like taking the red pill. Your day could be ranging from bad, worse, horrible to horrendous. But the moment the person is infront of you, it's heaven on earth.

And I couldn't control my blush as I peered at my heaven.

"What are you thinking?" He looked at me, while stirring the pot with the french onion soup. It's smell was so good, my stomach grumbled at the mere waft of it.

"That where did you learn to cook so well?"

His ears got red hearing the compliment but answered nevertheless, avoiding eye contact,
"Oh Jin hyung and my mom taught me. Also with my mother working, I had to learn a few things around the house."

"How are you so perfect?" I didn't realise I had said it out aloud, but I didn't regret it. The entire year I've known him, it's something I've always wondered. Small things, eclectic things, anything you hand him, he'd take utmost patience and time to make sure he gives the best results. It's one of the things I've always admired about him.

His ears got red-er, the blush spreading to his entire face, suddenly the soup was too interesting for a moment as he looked at it like it held answers to all questions. I only smiled at his reaction. Though he was bold and open at times, he was always the same shy boy I met a year ago.

"I'm nowhere nearly as perfect as you." Though his voice wasn't anywhere above a whisper, I had heard it . Though I didn't believe those words for myself, I hopped down the counter, hugging him from his right side, resting my chin on his shoulder. I felt him freeze.

"You give me way too much credit." I whispered. I didn't know why we were whispering. It was just us two in the apartment.

He moved finally, switching off the gas, pulling me towards him gently, hugging me to him. "No. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, Chae." He spoke at a normal tone now.

Though I didn't answer, I hugged him tighter. I don't know how long we stood in the middle of the kitchen just enjoying the moment. But as we pulled away, we had deep blushes.

To distract myself, I began slicing the bread and put them in the toaster.

"Let me."

"No you've already done a lot, Jungkook. Let me please do something." I looked back at him, feeling a little normal, less giddy.

I turned in time just to see his pout, remembering how we kissed not long ago. That just brought back all the blush.

Oh my god.

We kissed.

My first kiss.

It felt like the ones the describe in books. So exhilarating yet so right.

I shook my head, unconsciously aware of him, turning the gas back on, just to add a little cream and switching it off again to stir. Taking out the bread out the toaster, I took out the deep dishes, me and Lisa used for having soup. Placing them next to the stove, I began to hunt for the placemats for the tiny dining table we owned. Placing them on the table, filled the jug with drinking water, bring two glasses with it as well.

Now with having something to do, my thoughts wandered less and focused more on the tasks than on blushing for no reason, which I noticed I did a lot while I was around him.

Going back to the kitchen, I started mixing garlic, herbs and butter in a small bowl for the toasted bread. Lathering it generously, as garlic bread was one of my period cravings. My mouth watered at the mere sight of it. Now with food infront of me, I didn't bother with anything else.

I felt Jungkook, fill the dishes and bring them to the table. He spotted a candle next to the table, bringing it towards the table, he lit it and kept it in the middle of the table. I saw the ambience he created as I stepped out of kitchen carrying the garlic bread. And blushed.

"You have to agree this is a great ambience for our first date."

Date.

Oh my god.

A date.

Date?

Right.

He's my boyfriend.

My boyfriend?

I have a boyfriend.

Boyfriend?

Boyfriend-

Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook is my boyfriend.

Oh my god.

Seeing my mildly panicked expression, Jungkook stifled a laugh.

"Chae. Calm down. I was joking. I would not let our first date be so spontaneous."

I felt myself breathe. I didn't want him to feel bad or think I need anymore things than this beautiful setting in front of me and his company.

I gingerly took his hand in mine.

"You're right. This is a perfect first date."

Seeing him grin with his dimples showing, had my heart melting. The evening progressed as we both had our dinner, joking and conversing in between. I could get used to this.

After we cleared out the table, I looked at Jungkook standing infront of the TV.

"What are you looking at?" I asked confused with his knotted eyebrows.

He raised a post it stamp taking it off the TV, written words on it, You two make a cute couple <3

I could never mistake that handwriting for anything else. I forgot Jennie and Jisoo said they'd come to check on me. Eyes widening at the thought of seeing us cuddled up and sleeping on my bed was ghastly.

"What the heck, Unnie?!"