three

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | gone, girl

"SAE-BYEOK?" i screamed frantically
throughout my little house, walking to each and every corner hoping to find some sign of her. sae-byeok had been missing for twelve hours already without any sign or reason for her disappearance, and for every reason you could imagine, this had bothered me.

"sae-byeok? where are you?" i cried out one last time until i had to finally come to the realization that she was not here, she was off somewhere presumably alone and no one knew where. i incredulously stared at the spot she laid just the night prior, hoping that if i wiped my eyes she would magically appear there okay, but that reality was far and distant and i had to come to the unwanted truth that i didn't know where sae-byeok was. i did not know if she was safe.

i noticed her disappearance this morning when i woke up and neither she or her small backpack were found anywhere in the house. i didn't panic because in the short amount of time i got to know her, sae-byeok acted independently, and did not ask for help. if she did, then she really needed it.

i was disappointed she had not left a note or text or anything so i knew she was okay, but that was probably too much anyway considering i only knew her for less than 48 hours.

i went on about my day, walking down the avenue then taking the train to the orphanage to help aunt cho-hee as i do every weekday. i asked aunt cho-hee if sae-byeok had stopped by to visit her brother and she said no, which struck me as odd. i explained that she had just disappeared without warning, so aunt cho-hee called her then gave me her number so that i could text her.

me
hi sae-byeok :) it's y/n
are you okay? u kind of
left without telling anyone
lol
delivered

the rest of the day i didn't think about her too much (i am lying even to myself, i did think about her every second of every minute of every hour that i was working because the thought of her being in harm consumed me inside out, even if i am trying to convince myself that i do not care that much) and i spent time with the kids, especially cheol. guilty about being unaware of his sister's whereabouts. i felt obligated to give him special attention that day. luckily for both of us he had been adjusting well enough, and i even learned that sae-byeok's favorite color was purple. i noted that for later.

by the time my day at the orphanage was over, i still had not heard anything from sae-byeok. she did not even visit her brother, who she obviously cared for very much. that was a very serious red flag that something was wrong. i began to become anxious again.

me
u didn't stop by today
for cheol, is everything ok?
i feel uneasy without hearing
from you so can you pls lmk
if ur ok???
delivered

i spent the rest of the day completely dissociated although i had perfectly managed to vendor street food to costumers. the only time i snapped back into presence is when i saw someone lean, tall, and with short hair, but every time i saw that they were not sae-byeok, i became more upset. by then i had became sad and completely consumed with guilt, pondering on the thought of if i had only watched her more carefully, maybe we'd know where she was.

by the time the sun had went completely down i had blown up sae-byeok's phone with calls, voicemails, and text messages. aunt cho-hee had too because she was almost equally as worried as i was. sae-byeok's disappearance appeared even more abnormal when auntie told me that she was planning on returning today, but obviously she had not come.

"i hoped you would keep your word..."

i hoped you would keep your word too, sae-byeok. why didn't you stop by to see your brother today like you promised? where are you and why can't you tell us if you're okay?

me
sae-byeok i hope you're okay.
i can't sleep without knowing
that you're fine. pls tell me ur
okay so i can sleep.
idc where u are as long as ur
safe  :,)
delivered

words: 802
silla says:
hi guys! bae isn't in
this chapter but she
will be in the next
chapter which will be
very eventful 😏 thanks
for 500 followers🤍!!
ily guys sm <3