six

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 | our little secret

I CAN'T HELP BUT TO pity myself each time i catch a glimpse of my own body in the mirror, something about looking in the reflection of my own eyes forces me to own up to my own horrid reality; i am lonely, broke, and without friends. well, i guess aunt cho-hee would be considered a friend, except for the fact that i did not want to tell her anything about my personal life, especially not about kevin.

it had been around six days since i last visited the orphanage, which of course worried auntie, but after the fourth day she scolded me and told me that "i am not feeling well," was not an excuse to leave her hanging. i agree with her too-- but i really was not feeling well, and i thought that it actually was a good excuse.

after mustering up some motivation to get dressed and look decent to help at the orphanage, i got into my car and was on my way. although i would rather be at home sulking about life, the thought of seeing the children again made it worth while.

♡⋆.࿐࿔

"y/n!" choel exclaimed, running towards me with his little arms open. "where have you been?"

"at home working," i smiled through the lie. it was true that i was at home, but i had not been working since i had last seen kevin. i didn't see the point.

"sae misses you," he said unexpectedly.

i let out a dry chuckle, assuming that he was joking. "yeah, right. your sister hates me."

he looked at me seriously, his big brown eyes looking at me with confusion. "my sister doesn't hate you, she misses you."

"did she say that?" i asked curiously. he nodded. "yes, and she asked me when you were coming back. i told her i didn't know but now i can tell her that you're here!"

i let out a small laugh. "well, thank you cheol."

"one thing though," he said seriously. "do not tell her i told you that she said she misses you. she'd be very mad."

"it's our little secret," i promised, locking our pinkies together to seal the deal.

a/n: okay, i promise sae-byeok is in the next chapter. i've lowkey lost motivation for this book so i'm going to make it 15-20 chapters. do y'all want fluff stuff? lmk :)