eight

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | goodnight  

I LAID DOWN IN MY bed, silently reading a book while listening to the faint music that spun on the vinyl in my room. for once in a long time, i felt like i was relaxed and everything was back on track, but i did not know it would take a slap in the face then a surprise date with sae-byeok for me to get here.

instead of reading the words on the pages, i often thought about sae-byeok and how interesting she was to me. perhaps her mysterious personality was the reason i was so attracted to her. i began to wonder if she thought the same about me. was she questioning herself about the things she didn't know about me?

i ached at not actually getting to know sae during our surprise date, but the way things were going between her and i made me believe that i would get to know her better soon. it had been around five hours since the date, and i conteplated on whether or not i should call her.

would i seem desperate? that would be embarrassing...

well, she did see you get slapped and cry about it in your car. it could never get worse than that.

i decided to put my pride away and call her, anxiousness swallowing me as the phone rang.

"hello?"

i almost froze up when i heard her voice, but i didn't want to annoy her by staying silent on the other side.

"are you free tonight?" i blurted out, not really thinking about what i was saying. there was a such a long period of silence before she spoke that i began to think that we had gotten disconnected.

"couldn't get enough of me in one day?"

i shook my head, laughing a bit. i could almost see her smirk over the phone.

i cleared my throat. "is that a yes sae?"

she hummed before answering, "yes, i'll be at your place in 10 minutes. also, don't call me sae."

"wait-"

she hung up the phone promptly before i could ask her to give me time to clean up. after being so down in the dumps for the past few days, my house was unkept, definitely way worse than what she had saw last time.

scrambling to clean up most of what was out of place, i felt a rush of nervousness flush over me when i heard a knock on the door. i quickly examined my house, thinking fuck, it's still a mess in here.

"i'm coming!" i yelled after stumbling over a pile of to-go boxes. i quickly shoved them into a trash bag before opening the door, standing in the door way to conceal the mess behind me.

"hey!" i said a little too enthusiastically. sae-byeok just looked at me uninterested, but after a few seconds she said, "are you going to let me in?"

"well," i chuckled nervously. "it's a bit of a mess in there, i'm sorry about that. but, you can chill in my room while i quickly clean up, yeah?"

she shrugged which meant okay, so i let her in. upon stepping into my house, she scanned the room with her eyes, her emotions being unreadable. "i thought you said it was a bit of a mess."

i looked down in embarrassment, but before i could come up with an excuse for everything, i felt sae-byeok's gentle hand on my shoulder. i looked up at her, seeing some sort of concern in her face for once. "are you okay?" she asked me worridley.

i chuckled nervously, trying to brush off my embarrassment. "of course i am! sometimes i just uh... get a little lazy!"

sae-byeok narrowed her eyes, she obviously wasn't buying my excuse. "you have been locked up in here for a week willingly, haven't you?"

i hung my head low in shame, thinking damn, she reads me so well. "yeah," i mumbled. "sorry you had to see my house like this, i should've called you after i got everything together."

"i was already coming to see you, so i wouldn't have stopped me," she said unexceptedly. "i will help you clean, just stop saying sorry. it's okay."

i smiled at her kind gesture, tempted to make a snarky remark about her being soft, but i decided that i'd use it later. sae-byeok was putting her guard down for me at the moment, and i appreciated her for that. it made me feel special.

♡⋆.࿐࿔

i exhaled happily, finally throwing the last trash bag out into the garbage. with the help of sae-byeok my house looked as good as new, and probably better than it ever as been. "thank you so much," i breathed out, which was followed by a tired, "no problem," from sae-byeok.

we had spent around two hours cleaning up my house, and by now we were both tired and sweaty. i felt bad that the second time we were hanging out it was to clean up my home after my terrible state of mind, but after all, i did enjoy her company. i just hoped she enjoyed mine.

"y/n," sae-byeok called. i hummed in response. "can i take a shower here? i feel hot. i brought extra clothes-"

i smirked. "oh, so you already planned to sleep over?"

"you called me at 9pm," she reasoned.

"you were already on your way at 9pm," i shot back. she rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat.

"can i take a shower?" she asked again.

i nodded. "i'll turn on the water for you and get a wash tag and towel."

♡⋆.࿐࿔

i told sae-byeok that she would wait on the couch until after i took a shower, and i half expected her to be asleep by the time i got out. for some reason, time goes by so fast while i enjoy the hot water pour on me, and i could go on forever soaking in the shower.

after i got dressed, i went out to the living room to see that sae-byeok was still up, holding one of my vinyls in her hand and examining it closely.

"kali uchis?" she asked me, looking at the vinyl in confusion.

"yeah, she's one of my favorite singers," i shrugged, confused as to why she was so interested in a simple vinyl. "what's up?"

"oh nothing, i didn't know you knew english though," she said. "i forgot you told me you're not from here. i don't know why that flew over my head."

"oh," i breathed out. "well, that's okay. i assume we'll have plenty of time to get to know more about each other, right?"

"yeah," she said, putting down the vinyl.

"hey," i called out, getting her attention again. "ask me what my favorite movie is."

"what is your favorite movie?"

"easy-a."

she lifted one brow. "what?"

"easy-a," i repeated. "what do you say to watching the movie in bed while we eat a bunch of popcorn and candy?"

i could've sworn i saw a smile attempting to tug on her lips, but she still tried to maintain her poker face. "okay," she agreed. "but i sleep on the left side."

"deal."

♡⋆.࿐࿔

sae-byeok had really gotten into the movie. i was not surprised, after all i do have a great movie collection. my eyes fell heavy however, so i warned sae-byeok that i'd be drifting away soon but in reply, she just shrugged and continue watching the film.

when i was about to close my eyes for the final time, i felt the weight of the bed shift and suddenly, something warm on my forehead.

"goodnight," sae-byeok whispered before continuing onto the movie. i smiled to myself, trying to hide the fact that i was still particularly awake, and that i would remember sae-byeok kissing me goodnight.

goodnight sae, i replied to her, but only in my head.

words: 1320