Chapter 13: Stella

Chapter 13: Stella

Service Provider is desirous and capable of providing support...

I blinked as I re-read the same sentence for the fourth time. It wasn't like I was not able to understand the service level agreement in front of me, but more of the fact that my mind was still reeling after the talk I had with Richard just a while ago.

The old man never learned timing, I thought as I remembered our long conversation. Shaking my head a little bit to clear it, I focused back on the document on the table in front of me.

Client desires to have the equipment provided by the service provider...

Feeling eyes on me, I looked up to see Morgan standing just outside my office with a person gripping his arm. With a smile on my face as I was happy for the distraction of seeing a familiar face, I gestured with my hand for him to come inside. Curiously, I watched as the other person whispered some words to him and then walked away out of my sight.

I am not kidding when I say that the atmosphere literally changed inside the room when Morgan entered, his long legs carrying him silently across the marble floor. The air became more charged, and I found myself leaning forward, as if anticipating something.

I observed him as he walked towards me, trying to find any fault or flaws, but in vain. His emotionless brown eyes were locked on me, and the long green coat of his did nothing to hide his leisurely gait. The hair in front of his face moved just the slightest bit at every step as he carried himself with the utmost confidence, as if he was the king of the world.

It was literally the sexiest thing ever.

Is my mouth open?! I hope to the powers above that I am NOT drooling!

Feeling a little bit intimidated at the level of elegance of my assistant, I looked away, instead reaching for the glass of water kept to the side on my desk to quench my sudden dry throat. In my anxious hurry, I dribbled some of it down right on the front of my shirt.

Oh lord, how embarrassing!

I blushed deep red as I began to remove the excess water by flicking it away, wondering what the person standing in front of me would be thinking. I would bet it must be something along the lines of; look, she doesn't even know how to drink water out of a glass, how can she run a company?

"Here." I looked up as a tissue paper came into view. I smiled at Morgan and accepted it with a nod. I observed how he averted his eyes to give me some privacy while I fixed myself up to the best of my abilities.

I bit my lip as the tension grew. Morgan and I still had to have our first proper conversation since the little incident in the morning. And I really wanted to get along with him, if not as a friend, then as a boss. We would be working closely together, and I would really like it if I knew I could count on him.

I decided to take the plunge.

"So," I cleared my throat and threw away the tissue paper I was dabbing the wet spot with, in the bin behind my desk and smiled up at Morgan. On one hand, his beauty was dazzling me, but then his expressionless face was disturbing me. "What is on the agenda for today?"

"You have a board meeting at four. I will be escorting you there in case you do not know the way." His melodious voice reached my ears, and I struggled to react normally.

Why isn't he a model?!

Why isn't he a singer?!

I need to ask Elijah if he really belonged here!