Chapter 3

Leria woke up. Half an hour early. But well rested. How is this possible? Otherwise, she always had one and the same nightmare. But since she's been here in this room, everything is different. This was the first time in weeks that she slept well and therefore feels better. Much better. Somehow she even got hungry. Without waiting any longer, Leria put on her robe and braided her hair into two braids. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her skin was just as pale, but her dark circles. They have improved. She smiled. 

Is this finally the end of all the nightmares and sleepless nights? Leria hoped so, anyway.

 On the way to the great hall, everyone stared at her. They gave her pitying looks and whispered words to her like "You can do it", "Everything is getting better". Leria's mood dropped enormously. Her smile disappeared. With a lowered gaze, Leria entered the Great Hall and sat down on a seat a little away from the others. 

She was also no longer hungry. However, she forced herself to eat something. After breakfast, she waited for her to get her schedule. Madame Sprout headed straight for her and gave her the timetable.In the first two hours she had potions. Leria got up and made her way to the dungeons for her favorite subject.

 Once there, the door was already open. She went in and sat down on one of the front tables, from which the instructions on the board were clearly visible. She didn't wait long, then the other students came. Everyone stared at her. That made her angry. She calmed down and decided to simply ignore these looks. A little later, Professor Snape also joined. "Since your grades in my subject last year were miserable, I decided to make a precise seating arrangement. There will be 3-4 students sitting at a table. One of them with acceptable grades, so that those who can do nothing get at least a little more help," Professor Snape explained to his students. 

Many complained. Leria didn't really care. Snape conjured up the division on the table and to Leria's luck she can even stay seated. She was just not happy about her seating partner. Adrian Pucey.  Who else. Adrian strolled disappointed to her table and sat across from her. 

"Professor, you said that there are 3-4 people per table. But why are there only two at this table?" asked Adrian.

Leria wondered how pleasant his voice is. She could listen to him for hours, so calming was his voice. "Well, Mr. Pucey, your grades in the subject of potions are deeply disappointing. And if you want to pass their UTZ's, they need plenty of tutoring. That's why I put her as my best student so that you could at least notice something in my subject." 

The class burst into laughter. Leria didn't laugh, she was too busy processing the information that she was the best in potions. She was proud of herself. As a task, they had to brew the potion of the living and dead for repetition. She had no problems brewing the potion. But when she often looked over to Adrian, she saw that he did not succeed very well. "Should I help you?" she finally asked quietly. "No, I don't need it and now don't continue to distract myself," he hissed in response. Shocked by such an answer, she continued to work on her potion. She was the first to finish. So she had enough time to inspect the potion from her sitting partner and find his fault. She succeeded. He added too little valerian root. That was the reason why it adopted a dark purple instead of a lilac color. She no longer dared to offer her help. She did not want to be rejected again. Snape already began to check the potions. Their table was always the last one he controlled. That means she still has enough time to save Adrian's potion. 

Without asking, she took some valerian root and gave it in his potion . She noticed that he didn't like it at all. At that moment, she ignored him. She stirred the potion three times counterclockwise and once clockwise, and the potion actually took on a lilac color. Based on Adrian's expression, Leria noticed that he was confused. It was finished just in time. Because now the professor stood next to their table and examined the potions. He looks at them with a skeptical eye. Leria panicked. Never before has their potion had to be looked at for so long.   

"Both potions are acceptable. 5 points for Hufflepuff and Slytherin," said Snape. With these words he finished the lessons and Leria made her way to her next lesson. 

Still amazed by Leria's actions, Adrian left the classroom and wanted to thank her, but he was stopped by his friend Marcus Flint. 

"I know how we can pay it back to Odalis, for exposing you in front of the whole class," Flint said. "I don't think it will be necessary. After all, she helped me with the potion. And it's not her but Snape who is to blame. ", Adrian disagreed. 

"Adrian, that's not how it works. It was their duty to help you. The whole class laughed at you. Everyone now thinks that you are really bad in potions," Flint replied.

"Yes, you're right," Pucey replied. 

 "Well, so you're in?" asked Marcus. 

"Yes, I am. So tell me, what are you up to?" replied Adrian hesitantly.

In the meantime, Leria has arrived in the classroom. Not knowing what awaits her soon.