Chapter 9

The Christmas holidays were over and the 14th of February was getting closer and closer. Leria was stressed most of the time, as the UTZ's would soon take place in March, but she also has to plan the ball. The same happened to the other prefect students. 

Lately, she hasn't met Adrian that often, as he was often out with his friends. She thought that was a pity, but she can do something about it badly. Somehow she even has the feeling that he is deliberately avoiding her. 

Did I do something wrong? she wondered all the time. 

The nightmares came again more often and therefore she had little sleep. Even less than she already had from all the stress. Sometimes she even had the feeling that she was the only one who took things seriously with the ball and did everything herself. Once again she sat in the library and studied. Leria was tired and would like to stop immediately, but she forced herself to keep going. So it went on for a few hours until she was already sent out of the library by Madame Pince because she had to close it. With all the books in her hands, she walked down a corridor and did not notice how she collided with Adrian. 

"Omg... Sorry, I didn't -...",she immediately fell silent when she realized that it was Adrian.

 "I messed up?" he asked when he noticed that Leria looked at him angrily. Leria quickly recovered her books, which had fallen to the ground.

 "Somehow you did. Yes," she replied. 

"Then, um... Sorry... I'll assume," Adrian said hesitantly. 

"It's not really your seriousness!" complained Leria. 

Adrian, however, only looked at her questioningly. 

"You've been avoiding me for about a month now and only talk to me when you need help with homework. I really thought we were friends, but it looks like you just took advantage of me!" Leria almost screamed. 

She turned and wanted to go on when Adrian shouted after her. 

"Leria, wait! ". 

She stopped, but did not turn around. She waited until he continued to speak. 

"I... I'm only doing this for a reason." Adrian told her in an almost trembling voice.

" And that would be?" asked Leria, still with her back to him. 

"I-I can... I can't tell you," it came from Adrian. 

"Well then i advise you not to speak to me again, until you can explain me your behaviour."

With this she walked away.

The next morning she got a message.

Come to the lake today after dinner.                                                                                                                              ~A.P.

She searched for Adrian on the Slytherin table and nodded briefly as a sign that she would come after the eyes of the two met. Adrian immediately turned to Marcus when he saw her nod. 

The lessons for today were over. She did her homework in the library and noticed that many boys are currently inviting the girls to the ball, who then happily agree. Leria didn't want to go to the ball because she would probably be the only one to come unaccompanied. But she had to come because she was one of the organizers.

After dinner, Leria made her way to the lake. She knew exactly which place Adrian meant and went to the shore, which was only known to very few students. It got a bit darker. She was already at the agreed place and was waiting for Adrian. 

"Will he come at all?" she thought. 

He actually came. He stood right across from Leria and took her hand. She didn't know what to do. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I behaved like that. I realized how much I hurt you. But after Amortentia smelled like you to me, I realized that I can't live without you anymore," Adrian confessed.

 Leria has not heard his pleasant voice for a long time and felt a slight tingling sensation in her stomach. Adrian now took Leria's face slightly between his hands and came closer and closer. The tingling in her stomach became more and more and she felt her cheeks turn red. She knew exactly what was going to happen now. He would kiss her now and then they could be happy together. She was now so far with anander that she felt his warm breathing. But when his lips were only a millimeter away from hers, he stopped. He moved away again and behind one of the trees Marcus Flint came out and turned himself in to his buddy. 

"I would say that we finally have our revenge," Flint said and began to laugh. 

"W-What?" asked Leria stuttering, as my eyes filled with tears. 

"Everything was just played?" she wanted to know. 

Adrian nodded. Leria couldn't take it any longer. She turned around and was ready to leave. She wanted to leave as soon as possible but Adrian grabbed her hand. 

"Leria, please listen to me. I really didn't want to hurt you any more. Real. I am infinitely sorry. But please give me a second chance. Please trust again," he apologized and pleaded with her. 

In his voice the pain could be heard. Leria tore herself out of his grip and walked away. However, she turned around again.

" I DON'T TRUST YOU ANYMORE!" she shouted at him. 

Her voice cracked and you could hear the pain out. She immediately ran into the castle into her room and cried until she could no longer and fell asleep. Adrian also made it to his room. He did not cry. He was angry, angry with himself that he allowed it and was even responsible for hurting Leria. He didn't want to lose her. But it was too late for that. It was quite clear that she hates him as much as he hates himself at the moment. He had no other choice and told Marcus about his feelings towards Leria. Marcus was shocked. Not because of his buddy's feelings about a girl. No, he was shocked because he didn't realize it. Was he really such a bad best friend? After all, he was somehow to blame for the fact that his best friend is now devastated. Marcus fell asleep with a guilty conscience. And Adrian. He fell asleep so that he would not have to feel the pain of losing his beloved girl for at least a few hours.