Chapter 5

A/N A shorter chapter, but I didnt have much time. Expect a longer one in a few days.

Ceris Pov:

I teleported to the center of the Dragonspire and looked around. Probably hundreds of Vexes were assaulting the city, with the Brave Enderman protecting it. While Endermans had an advantage in fighting skills, Vexes hid in the walls to launch sneak attacks on the Enderman. Barrages of arrows from the Dragon's Fortress covered the sky, The Ender Dragon was tearing apart any Vexes that tried to come near the fortress. I saw one of the civilians getting attacked by 2 Vexes! I needed to help him. I teleported to him and sliced one of the Vexes with my Greatsword. The other one tried to use the wall as a cover but I grabbed him and pierced with my energy sword. The civilian thanked me and teleported away. I teleported to the gate to see the main assault army being held back by our defenders. I grabbed the endsword and slammed the ground with it. The vexes got knocked back, making sure none of my soldiers were near. I started to slice everything in front of me. After a while the Vexes started to retreat, the city was safe. I teleported to The Balcony of the Dragon's Fortress. Ender was standing there with his Archers.

"The Vexes are gone, how many people died today?" I said, fearing the answer.

"Zeganirn said 60 soldiers died defending our city, we don't know about civilian casualties." Ender responded

"*Sigh* Ehh... not good. They will be back and we cannot afford to lose that many soldiers and civilians all the time."

"Then we must somehow stop them before they attack again"

"Maybe Zeganirn and his Assassins can do something"

"Maybe I can." Zeganirn said, appearing from behind.

"Ugh... I hate your knives" Ender claimed.

"I feel this was a part of Lance's bigger plan." I said "Zeganirn, you have a green light."

And then he Teleported away. I still had this weird feeling, what is Lance planning?

Lance's Pov:

I traveled through the corridors of my stronghold, the defeat was necessary. I spoke to the Vex Lord:

"Vriuks, send a message to the Bandit Leader. Its time."