Chapter 17

Azura's pov:

I woke up in the morning. Put my clothes on and started to make some coffee. It was still pretty early so I didn't expect anything to happen for a while. I have decided to look if my wingsuit got damaged, Some parts are pretty unstable and it requires service after every use. The wings and the hull looked fine, but one acceleration engine got damaged. Some wires got burned probably during the landing. I'll have to think of a way to cover them to avoid more damage. I could probably use tungsten but it would make the suit heavier... I'll think about this, and even if I wanted to use tungsten I don't have it in my stock. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Azura, are you awake? Darryl called a meeting for 8 am." Patrick asked. Really, he wants to hold a meeting that early. Oh right, I have to ask Patrick about what he meant yesterday.

"Yes, I'm awake. Come in, I want to talk to you. " I responded and the door opened. Patrick walked in, while wearing his usual armour. The door closes behind him.

"So... what did you mean yesterday. How can we possibly break the rules?"

"You see, Theo wanted to reform Frostbourne. We often prepared them together. But because of his death most remained in his folders. Expect one that he passed just before he left to help me. It removed the 25th rule. So we would not break the rules if you agree." He explained and stared at me, awaiting an answer. If there is nothing in the way, why hold my feelings back?

"I agree, but we are doing this in secret for now." I claimed, and he smiled.

"I was thinking about keeping it a secret for now too. We don't know how they would react."

"So, an official first kiss?"

"Sure..." and so, we both approached each other, and kissed quickly.

"I have to go to Darryl now, see you at the meeting." And then he left, leaving me with a sense of happiness. And yet I wonder, what will the meeting be about?

Patrick's Pov:

I walked upwards to meet Darryl. I don't know why he wanted to talk on the roof but I think he just wanted to breathe some fresh air. So many things happened in the span of a week. I still miss Theo, but now I understand I have to move on no matter how much pain it brings me. And at least I finally got to be together with Azura, so that was good. I stepped out and saw Darryl looking down at the Dreadfort near the edge.

"Hey Darryl, what's up?" I asked him, he turned around to me, and slowly walked up to me.

"So, have you made your choice yet? He asked, stopping about a few steps in front of me.

"You mean becoming the leader thing? If so, then my answer is yes." He turned around again and approached the edge. He waved at me to come follow him.

"That's good. Now we can actually do something." He looked down at his watch, Azura made those for us so we wouldn't be late. "It's almost 8 am. Let's go to the meeting room." I nodded, and we proceeded to come down. When we entered the meeting room. Azura and Hilda were already waiting. Rain also got an invitation.

"So, what's the matter Darryl?" Hilda asked, while Darryl put something out of his pocket.

"I found this in the Bandits base. It seems Irraria will be a subject for an attack, and after them we will be the next prey of what seems like a coalition between Lance, the Undead and the Blaze Kingdom while Bandits did the job only for money. That's why I want Patrick, me and Rain to go to Irraria to check on them, and assist if needed."

Darryl explained to us.

"I'm going with you, I have to resupply my stock." Azura responded.

"I think we should take Stella with us, she knows magic. It could be helpful."

Rain added.

"And Stella is?" Darryl asked. Looking confused.

"That new girl I rescued took part in the tournament. You know. Magenta hair, floating book." Rain responded.

"Ok then, guess that Hilda will be the only one staying here. I hope you can take care of everything?" Darryl said.

"Yea, I can take care of defending our territories for a while. But how do you plan on getting there? Our part of the sea is frozen right now."

"Maybe we can go through the desert to avoid the Undead?" Azura asked, while pointing at the desert on the map that was on the table.

"We would have to take too much water with us, we will go through the plains near the Central Forest. The fastest way, remember that they could be attacked any second. And we can fend off some Undead if we would have to." I said, Darryl nodded. I guess he agreed with my plan.

"We leave at 2 pm, I will take care of most supplies, take only what you think you will need the most. I dismiss the meeting." Darryl ordered. And we all left the meeting room. It seems like we are going on an adventure.