Chapter 20

Azura's Pov:

I was still sitting at the tavern with Darryl for one hour after I returned, but Patrick was nowhere to be seen. It also stopped snowing so I have decided to come back to our horse's for my tools. Maybe he is still there? But when I talked to him he almost finished taking care of the animals... I will see soon I guess.

"Darryl, I'm going to go for my tools. I will be back soon." I told him as I stood up from the table.

"Okay, just take a look if Patrick isn't around there, and if he is, tell him to come here." Darryl said looking quite angry, probably because Patrick still wasn't back.

"I'll make sure to pass a word." I responded to him, opening the door and leaving the tavern. It was sure Dark outside in the night. Unlike Dreadfort where it was quite bright, only a few torches were burning here. Thankfully our horse's were pretty close. I went up to the mule that had all the equipment and opened one of the sacks with, quickly finding my tool case. After I found the tools I looked around but Patrick was nowhere to be seen, I guessed we may have missed each other when I came here and he returned to the tavern. So I came back to the tavern and nothing really changed, some people still sat at their tables and Darryl looked angrier than before.

"Tell me you met him, did you?" He asked me, tapping one finger on the table. So I guess he didn't come back. Where are you?!

"No, I didn't and I'm probably out of ideas."

"Perfect, we have a missing person. That's what I needed."

"If you don't mind, I'll go to my room to work on some things."

"Sure, I will wait here for a while in case he returns really late." He claimed and I went upstairs to my room. My mind was clouded with thoughts, what could have happened to him? Is he fine? I opened the door and put the tool case down. When I was closing the door I noticed a piece of paper on the ground, I took it and read it.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is hard to explain, but I went to rescue a hostage. The bandits planned to use the hostage against us but I can't risk that this person will die. Do not go to the cave southwest to the village, only death awaits there. If I die, you know what to do.

-Patrick

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a disaster. I can't afford losing him and Frostbourne can't afford losing him. Who is going to take his place? Darryl will try but he can't be a leader, he is too egoistic and he truly believes that goals justify means! I have to talk about it with everyone. I ran out of the room and knocked on the door with the number 2.

"What?! I want to sleep" Stella said, with a sleepy and a bit angry voice.

"No time to explain, wake up Rain and come down." I responded to her and ran down.

"Weren't you supposed to... why are you so pale?" Darryl asked, looking at me. Am I worrying that much?

"We have a problem Darryl." I told him as I sat down. Stella came down, while being followed by Rain.

"So, what's the matter?" Rain asked, Stella and Him came up to us.

"This is the matter." I responded as I put the letter down. They read it and were shocked, Darryl looked furious.

"Is he an imbecile?! What he's trying to do is insane!" He shouted

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Stella asked with a sleepy voice, and her eyes were almost closed. Everyone except her then looked at me.