Chapter 18

Darryl's pov:

Everything is ready, it's time to go and check on our allies. Me and Patrick will take our horses, Rain will give his horse to Stella and Azura, and he'll ride with me. We are also taking 3 mules, one with food, one with water and the last one with equipment. We are holding the water in hardened glass bottles, so we have to be careful not to break them. Then I saw Rain coming towards me.

"Hey, Rain. You still have 30 minutes. Are you sure you are ready?" I asked him as he approached the stables.

"I guess I am, Nothing more to take than my sword." He responded, pointing at the sword on his back. "I forgot to ask earlier, how long will the trip take us?"

"From 2 to 3 weeks if we are going to move slowly, one week if we move fast."

"So... how about a duel while we wait for the others?"

"Sure, the training ground is to the right, I'll go pick up an axe and we can start." I responded, walking towards one of the bags.

"I'm going to wait there.". I guess I am not the best in melee combat but I think I can still defeat him. I saw him in the arena and he is pretty good, but he makes mistakes that I can exploit and at the same time show him. Anyway I grabbed the axe and went to the training ground. When I entered I saw Rain standing to the right, posing with his sword in the right hand that was turned down and touched the ground. He waved at me and pointed to my left.

"Are you ready?" He asked, raising the sword. His face showed concentration, it seems like he really cares to win.

"Yea, but remember. It is not a fight to hurt someone. Understand?" I responded. He nodded and we began the duel. We slowly approached each other, when we were close Rain swung his sword to the left and I had to backpedal away. Then he swung to the right and I blocked him with the axe. He sure likes fighting aggressively. I used my axe to lower his sword and kicked him in the chest, knocking him back. After that he seemed to be angry, and attacked even more aggressively. He made fast swings from left, right or even up trying to slash me. I barely blocked them all. What was he trying to do?

"Hey, Rain, too fast. You want to get me injured or what?!" I shouted at him, but he ignored me. I decided to act fast and after one of his attacks I pushed him away using my spare right arm. I thought this would help but it made him even more angry! He made a heavy hit and kicked me. Knocking me back on the ground and making me drop my axe. He approached slowly. His anger controlling him. Just then a spear blocked his path, but not a normal spear, it was Patrick's naginata.

"Calm down and stop Rain, he has already lost and you won, ok?" Patrick said, jumping down from the small wooden wall that encircled the training ground. But it didn't stop him, he was getting closer and closer. Patrick probably made a really quick decision. He teleported behind him, grabbed him from the back and threw to the side, knocking him on the ground. He quickly followed it by stepping on his right hand with his leg. So he wouldn't be able to use his sword.

"Calm down." He repeated. I think it worked because a while after he stopped resisting.

"You okay, Darryl?" He asked me. While still looking at Rain.

"Yeah, I guess. But how did you know we were here?"

"It was the first place I thought of when looking for you because you weren't at the stables."

"Umm... sorry Darryl. Emotions are... hard to control... And I don't even know why I got angry, it just came out of nowhere..." Rain said, Patrick instantly took off his leg from his arm and helped him up. I stood up as well. Patrick grabbed his Naginata and hung it on his back.