Season 2 - Ep TWO

Mitchell rushed to the aid of her two year old sister. "Hello baby" She said rocking her. "Aren't you a happy baby?" She was using baby voice on her. Lashana clapped her hands and laughed. "Mitch" she said. "That's my name". Mitchell smiled. She heard pans crashing to the floor. She snapped her head at the door. She dropped Lashana and tiptoed to the door. She locked Lashana in the room for safety.

She did the same for René. She made two fireballs and crept to the kitchen. She heard gargling noises. Through the light from the fire, she saw the little monster. It was like the body of a human but the insides were out side. She almost screamed at the sight of its victim but she held herself. She attacked but it dodged. She tried again and again destroying her kitchen in the process. She finally burned the monster after some minutes. She held her knees as she tried to regulate her breath.

She wiped the sweat off her forehead. This was an addition to her life. She accessed the dead body. He looked the same as the others. The question on her mind was why here?

"Mom said to come home". Dave sat in front of Angie. Luckily, she had downed the rest of the drink before his arrival. She wasn't in the mood for his lectures about underaged drinking. "I'm not ready to see her", Angie crossed her arms, "did you know about it too?" "No", he replied, "but I saw it coming".

"How? We were happy".

"I don't know. There were times when he seemed odd among us. He had been drifting for a while".

"You don't think he was forced into marriage, do you?" The possibility dawned on her. "Nah. He probably fell out of love". Dace shook his head. Not if it was a spell. She thought. "Let's go home". "Okay" she agreed. "This place hasn't changed a bit". Dave said looking around. "This town hasn't changed a bit dumbass". She chuckled.

"Whatever. You guys are the one's who are still stuck here". "Maybe" Angie stopped at the door. She couldn't go out. "Something wrong?" Dave eyed her. "I forgot my purse", she lied, "go start the car". Dave went out and Angie sighed. She tried to go out again and she was pushed back. "What is going on?" She asked no one in particular.

A bloody hand clamped her mouth. Angie used her elbow to hit the figure. She was worried about the other people in the restaurant. She turned around and punched the monster. It was a skeletal creature with half broken wings. Angie didn't know where the courage was coming from but she kicked and fought.

The creature roared in her face. Angie took it as a threat. She let the sparks crawl to her fingertips. She put her hands together and formed an energy ball. Shenhad never dome it before so it was taking time to grow. She had enough power when it lunged at her. She sighed and squatted.

She was shocked. She would never have thought that an attack could happen here. It was when she looked back at the door that she noticed that Dave was trying to revive her. She looked at herself and her body. Nobody could see her. These monster was from the shadow world. She couldn't recall opening the portal. How are they here? She thought.

Her spirit entered the car. She stared down at her body. She noticed how pale her face looked. She checked on Dave and she cringed in guilt. He was worried sick about her. Angie sighed and closed her eyes. At the time she opened them, she was in her body. "Dave?" She said weakly. "Angie! Thank goodness!" He let out a breath of relief.

Mitchell was busy giving her report to the cops. "Where's your mom?" The sheriff asked. "Work" was Mitchell's short answer. "And she left you all in the house unsupervised?" "We weren't unsupervised. I'm almost eighteen".

"Almost isn't eighteen. Something really terrible could have happened".

"I managed it".

"You're still a minor", the sheriff frowned, "tell her to stop by the station tomorrow morning". "She's a good mother". Mitchell quipped. "I'm here to do my job, miss Fretcher". His voice was hard and unforgiving. Tatiana burst through the doors. "Are my babies safe?!" She asked profusely. "We're fine". Mitchell permitted the bone crushing hug. "May I have a word, Mrs Fretcher?" The sheriff cut in their reunion. "It's actually, Ms. Roscoe". Tatiana returned his look. Mitchell crossed her arm as they went outside.

She checked on her sisters to confirm that the commotion hadn't woken them up. Lashana was stirring which was a sign that she was falling into a deep sleep. Mitchell sent the other girls a text saying she wanted to video chat.

Angie was at her room door when she saw the message. "Mitchell wants to video chat", she told Dave, "I've got to go". "Really? That's your excuse", Dave scoffed, "you fainted some minutes and now you want me to believe that you're fine?" "Believe what you want", her words were venom, "I don't care. Goodnight". She slammed the door before tossing her bag to one side.

"Hey" Angie said weakly. "Hi" Mitchell was the only one who had the strength to answer. Jo and Lin both looked like they got hit by a bus. "I'm guessing we all got attacked tonight". Angie started.

"It was awful!" Lin screamed, "I had to put a glamour on my room and lie that I was just watching a scary movie loudly".

"Try being alone in a big house by yourselves". Jo snapped.

"This is not a coincidence", Mitchell said, "someone is after us" .

"Daniel? He did say he wanted us dead and he lives in the shadows". Lin stated.

"I agree. We have to find a way to get rid of him". Jo added. Angus paused. She hadn't gotten the answers from him yet. She bit her lip, "it wasn't him", she said shocking them, "he was with me. I got out easy". "It doesn't prove his innocence". Jo argued. Mitchell found Angie's behavior skeptic. "It also doesn't prove that he did it", Mitchell watched out for Angie's expression. Angie looked relieved after her words. "We have to find out who and why. Fast". Angie quickly said to cover up her suspicious act.

"We're meeting tomorrow, right?" Jo asked. "Can't. I have an appointment". Lin was quick with her answer. "I kinda promised my brother that I'll see his play". Angie lied easily. She was getting used to it. "We'll find time though", Mitchell assured Jo, "we could all be dead if we ignore this". They all nodded and said their good nights.

Tatiana knocked on Mitchell's door. "It's opened" she said closing her laptop. "I spoke to the sheriff", she said slowly, "I had to tell him about my job". "What did he say?" Mitchell could tell from her Mom's bloodshot eyes that all was not well. "He said this was my final warning", her voice was barely audible, "if there is even a slight complain..." Mitchell didn't need her mom to complete her sentence. She understood clearly what she was trying to say.