Season 4 - Ep SIX

Lin was scared for her friends. "Angie didn't give an answer". She told them. Mitchell was out of the room in seconds. "You have to keep reading", Lin told Maggie, "go to the graveyard. It's the safest place for now. We'll meet up". Lin also went to the aid Angie and Jo. Maggie hugged the book and walked to the place.

"What did you do to her?" Angie demanded in rage. "Oh Angie", Tammy wore a smirk, "why would I want to hurt my friend?" "I don't care what your face looks like", Angie let the sparks fill her fingers, "I'll take you down". "I can change my face for you". Green veins spread out all over her face to her neck. " How do I look now?" She asked with a smirk.

Angie formed an energy ball but before she could think, she was dangling in the air. "Do you think my powers are weak like yours?" Her voice had changed to a deep and terrifying voice. Angie held the invisible force that was choking her. She squirmed but it was hopeless. "Who are you?" She managed the words. "Me? Oh don't worry about that", the being smiled, " you'll be dead soon and none of this would matter. What bothers me though is how you walk in the shadows but never anticipated my arrival. It's baffling ".

Angie was released because Tammy was distracted by the hitting of the door. "Angie! Angie! We're gonna get you out of there!" Mitchell screamed. "What insolence!" Tammy yelled in annoyance. Angie was coughing and trying to catch her breath. The doors flew opened and the two other girls ran in. "You can watch the show". Tammy rotated her fingers and they were bound to the ground.

"This wasn't how I pictured this battle. I was expecting a challenge". She mocked. "Untie us and you'll see a challenge!" Lin boasted trying to set herself free. Angie used the chair as a support to stand on her feet. "Maybe I underestimated you". She faced Angie again. Angie closed her eyes and plummeted out of her body. "Argh!" She groaned as she glared daggers at Angie in the shadows. "You can run but you can't hide". Tammy smirked again.

Suddenly, books started flying out of the shelves. They were attacking Tammy from every angle. Angie squinted and saw Daniel. He gave her a nod and she got the message. In the speed of light, Angie was in her body. She ignored the physical pain and focused on the threat. She was shooting spells at the creepy lady. With each shot, she moved closer.

Lin and Mitchell broke free and joined the attack. Tammy was getting weaker and she dropped to her knees. Angie held her face, turned her eyes into slits and took a look into her mind. Angie was blown away by a huge wind. She touched her stomach and coughed up blood. She always thought they could solve everything but this was different. What she saw in the mind was darkness. Pure darkness and nothing but it.

"Enough of these games!" Tammy waved her left hand. Lin and Mitchell collided with the walls. Angie could barely breathe so she couldn't stand up. "I haven't killed your friends", she said as she crouched down, " you wanna know why?" She raised her hands and Angie floated up. "I want the best for first", she chuckled, " you have powers beyond your imagination... yet, you can't use them. Poor shame!"

A black spider appeared on her right palm. Its legs melted on her skin and the liquid was forming something else. A sharp object. A dagger. "I want you to scream as loud as you can", Tammy urged, " nobody can save you". She stabbed Angie's chest. Angie screamed. She smiled and nodded in satisfaction. "That's it. Just keep screaming like that".

Almost immediately, two people jumped on the monster. It was Lin and Mitchell. Lin was throwing punches at her face. Mitchell took the chance to go and help Angie. The dagger had gone deep into her. It was too close to her heart region. "You're gonna be fine". Mitchell removed her jacket. She had seen this work in a couple of movies so she hoped it would work now. She ripped the jacket into two. She folded the first part and used it to apply pressure on the wound then she used the second part to tie it firmly.

Lin stopped when the being was unconscious and her knuckles were bruised. She stood upright and clicked her fingers. A metallic gold chain wrapped the smallish figure. Mitchell was shocked. She had never seen Lin  in such a violent state. Was this part of her own secrets? Was Mitchell's thought. "Watch the bitch and try to heal Angie", Lin ordered, " I'll find Jo".

"Lin" Angie croaked. "Save your strength". Mitchell shushed her. Angie was starting to feel dizzy and the room was spinning. "Thank you". She whispered before she allowed her eyes to close. "Angie? Angie! Angie!" Mitchell tried shaking her but it was no use. She had lost a lot of blood and their magical link was weak.

Lin was staggering. She was sore all around. She now understood why Angie took Jo's case so seriously last time. She had info on Maggie yet, she didn't tell them on time. She paused to catch her breath. She had to get a grip of herself if she wanted them to all live.

She sat down in the middle of the empty hallways. She put her hands together and tried to concentrate. She heard Mitchell's voice. Why is she screaming? Is there trouble again? She thought. She was tempted to tune in but she had a mission to find Jo. Their link was weak without her. 'Help! Anybody help' The voice was low and desperate. Lin focused on it. 'Where are you?' She asked. 'I can't breathe. Hurry!'

Lin got up. Jo was lock in a place where she could breathe. Her instincts told her to search the janitors closet. She wasn't there. She ran her hands through her hair. That was the only closet in school. She was running out of time and she wasn't getting the answer.

An idea clicked and she went to the boys' locker room. She checked every locker but she wasn't there. She went to the science lab. She rummaged the store but no sign of her. Lin was getting frustrated. What was she missing? She debated. 'Jo, can you hear me?' She tried. No answer. 'Jo! I need you to stay awake!' Still on answer.

Her heart dropped. After everything that they had been through, she wasn't ready for this to be the end. She doubled her speed and checked the girls bathroom, the classrooms and the cafeteria. She was running to the nurse's office when it clicked. The only airtight place she hadn't checked where the lockers. It looked physically impossible for anyone to fit in but with magic, anything is possible.

She removed the lock of Jo's locker and the door opened. "Oh my..." She covered her mouth with the back of her palm to stop herself from sobbing. Jo's hair was scattered, her mouth was tied with a white cloth and her hands were bound behind her back. She was sweating profusely and her skin was pale. Lin aimed and blue sparks levitated Jo out and  placed her carefully on the ground. She removed the white cloth and Jo gasped.

She smiled to herself. Her joy was short lived as her phone started ringing. It was Maggie. "I just finished the story", Maggie rushed, " whatever happens... do not let her harm Angie". "It's a bit too late for that but why?" "She's a..." Lin put down the phone when she saw Mitchell heading towards them. "What happened?" She asked worriedly. Mitchell paused to allow tension rise between them before she dropped the bomb, "Angie stopped breathing".