Season 2 - Ep THREE

Mitchell woke up to the sound of a tap on her window. She yawned and scratched her head. She rubbed her eyes before they cleared up. She dragged her body to see who it was. "Ow" she cried as a pebble hit her forehead. "Sorry!" Lin whisper yelled, "we have school". "Why can't you just come in like a normal person?" Mitchell returned. "'Cause we're late!" Lin replied. Mitchell rolled her eyes and closed the window.

She wore a black tee and blue jeans. She covered the top part of her hair with a bandana and she threw some sneakers into the mix. She guessed that the bus had already come so she didn't check René room. "Morning mama", she pecked Tatiana who was feeding Lashana, "and baby. I'm off to school". She grabbed the first fruit her hand could reach and she was out the door. "You took ages for that", Lin laughed, "I'm not walking to school beside you. My rep is on the line". "Suit yourself".

"Erm...I've got a question". Lin was swinging her hand back and forth. "O-kay?" Mitchell raised an eyebrow. "Who was your first kiss?" She asked.

"That's the question?"

"Just answer, okay"

"Fine. It was some jerk in my old school".

"So, it was a guy?"

"Yeah", Mitchell stopped walking, "why'd you ask?" "Oh nothing" Lin scratched behind her neck. "Whatever", she picked up her pace, "who was yours?" "My what?"

"Don't play dumb. Your first kiss?"

"It was-erm- with this guy. T-the g-guy..."

"Lin never stutters. You've never been kissed have you?" Lin suddenly became in her baby pink painted nails. Mitchell laughed, "seriously? And you always give flirty eyes at everything". "Don't you dare tell anyone!" Lin threatened. "My lips are sealed". Mitchell moved her fingers over her mouth to emphasize a zipper lock.

"Hi" Angie said weakly. "You look awful". Mitchell blurted. "What a nice way to compliment a girl". Angie was sarcastic. "I didn't mean- you look tired not awful...you're pretty no doubts about that..." "I was joking", Angie chuckled at her fumbling, "I'm very aware that I look bad and so do both of you". "Couldn't sleep" Lin confessed. "The dead body was in my house". Mitchell told them. "Make that two bodies". Jo joined the group.

They walked by each other still talking. "We have to find out who is doing this". Jo said. "Has anyone tried finding the connection between our moms and the magic?" Lin asked. "I'm working on it". Angie lied. She was adding more reasons to why she couldn't meet up with them later. "We could always just skip school now and work on the book", Jo suggested, "maybe our answers are inside". "Future doctors don't skip school, Johanson". Lin scolded. "This is important", she countered, "and I'd rather be with you guys outside school than alone in all classes. What if we blank out? Or worse, our powers get out of control?" "Chill!" Mitchell prompted, "if we skip, that's the third time this week. We have to be ready for consequences".

"I hate waiting". A voice boomed in front of them, "oh! You still haven't ditched them". "What are you doing here?!" Angie whisper yelled, "we agreed on later". "What is he talking about, Angie?" Jo crossed her arms. Daniel rolled his eyes like he was bored. "Guys, I can explain". Angie turned to them. "You lied about yesterday and the day before", Mitchell pointed out, "you've been seeing in the shadow world". "What?! You haven't, right?" Lin was hurt. "Look, I'm sorry", Angie apologized, "he had answers that we needed that we still need". "I can't deal with this now". Jo walked away after she shot a glare at Daniel. Lin huffed and walked away too.

"You can go if you want to". Angie muttered. "You need to understand that they are looking out for you", Mitchell put a hand on her shoulder, "lying to us and helping are two different things". She sighed before heading to class. Angie leaned on the lockers, "are you happy now?" She asked, "they're never gonna trust me". "Don't be dramatic. They are your friends. They need time".

"They're right. You are dangerous but why am I not terrified?"

"Maybe deep down you know I'm not the killer. You think I know who it is and you plan to use that to your advantage".

"Maybe", Angie shrugged but remembered something, "you came to Bresten High. You must have known my mom". Daniel frowned, "oh, I know her. I know her very well. It's almost like we're the same person". He vanished before she could press him further. Daniel scolded himself in the shadow. He almost gave himself away. He wanted her to find out the painful truth herself and watch her suffer through it.

Angie went to the library. She figured that the rest where there. She was drawn to the shelves because their magic was linked. "Took you long enough". Jo snapped. "Guys, I'm sorry". She apologized again. "We want you to be safe and if you trust him, fine", Mitchell said, "just be careful". "Thanks" she smiled at her. Angie opened the book and more photos fell out.

"These are from the early fourteen hundreds". Lin quipped. "What? I know how to tell the time for fashion". Lin replied their looks. "According to this, it was first located in the royal family", Angie read, "right here in Bresten". "Really?" Jo had hope in her eyes. "Yeah", Angie answered, "it should be along Mickganen way". "That should be where the town library was built". Lin said. They gave her the same look. She sighed and said, "I had to study the history of the town as a project, okay?" "You could have just said that to begin with". Mitchell shrugged.

They ended up skipping. "It's kinda funny", Jo suddenly said, "I was here on Monday and I totally ignored the antiques". "Let's just be glad that it's the only part of the town that hasn't gone into the ground". Angie laughed. "I'm not a sure about that". Mitchell said. They all followed her eyes. Angie shook her head in confusion. The roof of the building was long gone and the structure looked like it would fall with even the touch of a feather.