Season 4 - TEN

Lin didn't know how to react. Mitchell had seen her and from the glare, she knew her secret. She was furious at herself for not being careful. Mitchell did not need that kind of information while she was grieving. She stopped pacing. She took a glance at her disheveled self in the mirror. Her anger boiled hotter. She punched the mirror and watched it cut her hand.

Kimberly was terrified to enter the room. She had never seen her daughter this furious. She closed her eyes and sighed. She brought this upon herself and she was going to face it. "Honey?" Kimberly stepped in slowly with the tray of cleaning items and an ice pack.

The tray unintentionally fell from her hands at the sight of the mirror. "Oh my!" Kimberly ran to tend to Lin's hands. Lin snatched them away. She had a death glare in her hands. "So now you wanna be the caring mother?" Lin chuckled dryly, "you lost that chance when you let your husband destroy your children!" "I get that you're upset, I just..."

"I'm upset? I'm upset?! I am more than upset, eomma!"

Kimberly flinched. Lin had never said any word in Korean. She hated the fact that she was from there. "You have never been a mother", Lin continued, "you're a coward. A freaking coward! I am disgusted that I am your daughter. Leave my room". Kimberly didn't wait for her to repeat her words. She bowed her head and left.

Lin grabbed her hair and cursed under her breath. She didn't mean to say all those harsh words to her mom. She disliked the hurt look on her face. Lin took deep breaths. She was going to apologize to her later but for now, she had school to worry about.

Lin was about to climb in her bed when her phone rang. She ignored it. She was in no mood to talk to anyone. Angie was gone. She wasn't given a chance to grief. Her mind drifted to Mitchell. Mitchell had enough to deal with. She didn't deserve to have Lin's baggage in her thoughts too.

Her phone crashed her train of thoughts. Lin grabbed the device hoping to crush it with her hands. "What?" She deadpanned. "Lin!" It was Jo, "where are you?" "Home. Why?" "There's good news and bad news. You need to come to school". "I think it can wait till morning".

Jo was stunned. She had never heard so much anger in Lin's voice before. She decided to ignore her tone and break the news. "Angie is not exactly dead", Jo said, "and Tammy escaped". "What?!" Lin jumped out of bed. She rushed to her closet to find a hoodie and hat. "Why didn't you call me earlier?" Lin scolded her best friend. "I did. Your phone was switched off which never happens so if you can explain yourself that would be..." "I'm on my way. Bye!" Lin hung up.

Angie sat down while playing with her fingers. "Doesn't this ever bore you?" Angie asked, "sitting around, watching how things unfold?" "It does", Daniel replied, "but I don't exactly have a choice here so I kick back and enjoy the show while hoping that my team is winning". "And which team is that?" Angie teased. "Yours of course! Your petrified screams and short lived victories are hard to come by. Certainly better than any TV show. Maybe not better than F.R.I. E.N.D.S but you get the idea".

Angie was about to chuckle when she felt a sharp pain in her chest. Daniel made a face that didn't last long enough for Angie to decode it. "Seems like our little play date is over", he stood up, "safe trip". With that, he was gone. Angie closed her eyes to allow the new feeling wash over her.

Surprisingly, Mitchell and Lin ran into the room at the same time from opposite directions. They shared a brief look but the tension between them was thick. Maggie and Jo stayed quiet though they were not oblivious of it. "You said Angie wasn't dead". Mitchell broke the silence.

"Yes", Maggie answered, "she was wandering. I have fixed her body and she should be awake any minute". Mitchell sighed. "And Tammy?" Lin reminded them of the problem. "We were caught off guard", Jo explained, "she broke the chains and left. Maggie has a theory about where she went. I still think she might be on a killing spree".

"I understand her story. I cannot be wrong", Maggie added, "we need to wait for Angie before we go after her". "What if you're wrong and she's out for blood? Whose fault would it be?" Lin crossed her hands. Again, Jo was puzzled about the sudden change of attitude. This was not the overdramatic girl she spent her life knowing.

"This wouldn't have happened if you stayed here", Mitchell gave a low blow, "why don't you tell everyone what your life really looks like?" "I don't have to do anything", Lin gritted her teeth, "and it's best if you don't talk about things that you don't understand". "Hell no! You don't get to put up an attitude, Seo Lin  Ye". Mitchell's words burned.

"Who?" Jo quirked her eyebrows. Lin was about to counter with a good story when they heard a groan. Angie's head felt like it had been used as a punching bag. She groaned again and sat up. "Angie!" The voice was too loud in her ears. Jo was by her side in seconds.

Angie finally regain her vision. She recognized that she was still in school. "What happened?" She asked since her mind was still foggy. Jo was about to answer but Maggie stopped her as she mouthed 'let her come to terms herself'. Jo nodded in understanding. Angie took a couple of minutes but her mind was unscrambled. She recalled everything.

The air got weird around them. Maggie's eyes instantly turned gray. "Now that she's awake, the imbalance is more. We have to hurry". She bolted out the door. Lin was behind her. Mitchell and Jo helped Angie till she could move herself.

Just like Maggie had said, Tammy was by the grave. She was sobbing. As soon as the creature heard footsteps, she screeched. Maggie was the only one who was unaffected by the sound. Tammy lunched herself into a fighting stance.

Angie was the one who took a step forward. "We don't want to hurt you". Angie said slowly. "Speak for yourself". Lin mumbled. The creature crept behind the tombstone and resumed sobbing. The dates of birth and death were still changing.

Maggie stretched her hand. Two white lights enveloped the creature who screamed for freedom. "I'll tell them the truth", she spoke to the being, "they will help you find peace". The creature stopped squirming. "The story in the book was about Halsey Baker", Maggie started, "she was a magic born. The woman that Isabella spared found her. The memory wipe was temporary at that time too. Halsey had just given birth to a girl who was also magic born. Halsey was forced to watch the woman slay her child".

"The blood cried for vengeance. Halsey was scared that the anguish would form an evil spirit which would destroy the world. She gave the gift of animal and plant with her last breath hoping that they would right the wrong. Tammy is that child. Unintentionally, the change in time reincarnated Halsey's spirit into Felicity. If she had been alive now, Tammy would have met her mother".

Angie understood it now. This baby lost her mother not once but twice because of the magic. That was a good reason to want to destroy magic for good. Angie let the red sparks dance on her fingertips. White lights also cams out and met the creature. The others did the same thing. Maggie closed her eyes and said words in the foreign language.

The creature screamed before it erupted into flames. The ashes spread all around. The tombstone of Felicity broke and rebuilt itself. A soft voice whispered in all their ears 'thank you. Remember that I am always watching'. The words brought tears to Angie's eyes. All she had wished for was a chance to hear Felicity's voice again and now she had.

Angie clicked her wrists and candles appeared around the grave. Lin snapped fingers and the candles lit. The wind was their song as they said their goodbyes to their friend. They didn't have a chance to pay their respects before.

Maggie was the only one who wasn't in tears after the tender moment. Lin made a mistake of looking up because her eyes met Mitchell's. They didn't scorn her but it showed pitiful sadness.

Lin sighed and sat on the grass. "I have a confession to make", she said, "I'm not who you think I am". The others mirrored her posture. "Why would you say that?" Angie raised her eyebrows. Lin grimaced but spoke up, "my father's name is Seo Hyun Joon..."

An:
Damn! This was hard to write because of all the emotions and also, the chapter got deleted and I had to write it again (the struggles of an author😩) but it's all good😅

Vote. Comment. Share

Unicorn White