Chapter 20

One month later....

"We are gathered here today to grieve over the death of a close loved one..." The preacher man from the funeral said.

It's been a month and the way I felt when I first read the letter is the way I've been feel throughout this month. Each hour felt like days. Neither one of us have been to school. Jayden's been trying to keep it together all through the funeral. He's been crying everyday, none-stop. I, on the other hand, I've been showing no emotions. I've just been a walking zombie. It's like I'm total psychological shock. I don't what to make of it. I'm not about to cry, i'm not able to drop on my knees and scream to the top of my lungs. I can't do it. I guess I don't have any feelings left to feel.

The preacher is preaching something about how the lord works in mysterious ways and that he thought it was time to take my father home. I tooned him out. All I could look at was the coffin. My fathers body is in there. His decaying corpse. When I first saw his corpes yesterday, his skin was as pale as snow and he looked like he was sleeping. He was just having a sweet dream and that he would wake up any second. But he didn't . He just laid there. motionless. Never to awaken again.

Our Aunt and Uncle were sitting behind us. Both sobbing at the fact that my faher is now dead. My father is dead and we never got the chance to say good-bye.

Before I know they were lowering the casket. I take a deep breathe. I look over at Jayden who was sitting right next to me. A tear slowly went down his cheek. I use my sleeve and gently wipe his cheek. "Thank you." He lips out to me.

being here made me think of when I was at my mothers funeral. My father sat between Jayden and I. His arms wrapped around us. Tears coming down his cheek and landed on my shoulder. We were all crying then. Now, neither one of us is crying. I guess it's just that we've learned to deal with the pain. Maybe that's why I can't feel anything. But then, why does it look so hard for Jayden to not cry. I mean, he isn't but it looks like he's fighting some hell of a battle not to.

As everyone is leaving I stay there. Jayden already starts to get up to say thanks to everyone. I just sit right there in the same seat. Staring off into space. I just want to leave, runaway and never look back. Just leave and never return. Maybe I could change my whole identity? Yes! I can change my identity move to the big city! Yes, that what I'll do! Leave and forget about everything. Forget about my mother, my father, Jayden, my pain, my lonliness, even forget about Brice.

"Naomi?" Someone called. I looked over. It was Jayden.

"Uh?"

"Are you ready?"

I shook my head.

"Just go on without me. Just pick me up in an hour. I want to have some alone time with dad." I tell him.

He nods. He understand. He normally always does.

——————————

About a half hour after everyone leaves my father is done being buried, I sit there infront of him and my mother.

"Hey mommy, hey daddy. Nice to see you two again." I start to say, "Its been awhile."

I gently lay my hands on the two grave stones.

"Why did you have to leave? First momma and now you daddy? Why is everyone I love leaving me?" I shrieked.

"Soon Jayden will be gone and off to college. Then I'll be all alone. with nobody to be there for me. I know he said that he'll stay but I don't want to keep him from having bright future. He doesn't need me. Nobody does..." I pondered.

It's true, nobody needs me. Not even Gorgi, I can always let him lose and he'll be just fine. He'll probably be a lot happy with his other family, the one out there that's actually looking for him.

"Please, help me so I won't be forgotten." I begged.

"But who can forget about you?" A voice said from behind.

I turned around to see who it was. Of course, who else would it be. My twin brother Jayden.

"Jayden!.... I.. Uh... thought you were... Uh..." I froze. I didn't know what to say.

"Naomi, just stop. You and I both know that's not true. Because you have something that nobody has that makes the people who you meet remember you forever." He exclaimed.

"How?! All I am is Jayden shy sister.People who don't even know of my existence. People know don't even know who I am, how are they suppose rememeber someone who didn't even exist." I asked.

"You really don't see it Naomi? You have this amazing gift to touch people's heart. It may not be many, but with people who you talk like Audrey, Bruce and I. You have touched our heart in such a way that makes us forget about our problem. You make us feel happier whenever you speak or give us that warm encouraging smile. And it kills me inside to see you sad, because you have done so much for me. And if I have to leave you then I don't won't what to do if I need someone you to talk to or to comfort me. That's gonna mess me up so much." He explained.

He did it, he put me in tears. I thought it was gone. All my emotion was gone, but he brought it back. I guess it's just a twin thing. Even our emotions are connected. I covered my face with my hair so he wouldn't see me crying. But being the ass that is, he grabs my hair and moves it away form my face.

He rolls out his sleeve and wipes the tears away.

———————————————-

Hey there Dreamers! I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting. FINALS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHH!!!! But tomorrow is my last day of school and then I THREE WHOLE MONTHS to write you all new chapters.

Have any questions about the book? Just leave a comment! Or if its a more personal question about, message me or e-mail me (my e-mail: wattpadgirl0801@gmail.com). I would love to hear what you have to say about Naomi or any other characters in the book.

Thanks for being a dreamer with me!

Later Dreamers!

Don't forget to Keep Dreamin'!!