Chapter 11

I knew that just down the trail if I walked into the woods there would these berries called Yew. Yew berries are highly toxic and can kill you without any symptoms. That's what I'll do.

I will eat all of those and end up killing myself without people knowing I actually killed myself. Lots of people accidentally eat poisonous berries. I'll be like those people.

I will "accidentally" eat poisonous berries and basically end my life. That's what I'll do. I mean, there's nothing to live for so what's the point of living?

I stood up from behind the tree looked down the path I just walked from. There was nothing. No sounds of footsteps, no lights from a flashlight flashing out everywhere, nothing. I hopped onto the trail and kept walking through the dark and mysterious path that will soon be the last time I ever walk through it.

As I walk I hear a twig snap. As if someone stepped on it and broke it. I freeze. I tune my ears into my surroundings. I turned around and narrow my eyes toward the path I just walked through. I see something moving in the bushes from down the path. I back up slowly. The figure walked out of the bushes. It was on all four. I then saw what it was. A wolf.

I felt a boost of adrenaline pump in me as I start to scream as the top of my lungs and quickly turn to run away from fierce animal. I heard it give me a heart stopping bark as it pounced its way to me. I kept running. I couldn't stop. It was like my leg had a mind of their own.

I can heard the wolf's paws punch into the ground as he chased after me. I felt sweat coming my face as I felt like just giving up and letting the hungry wolf eat me alive. That's all I wanted. Was to die. This would just be quicker so why not?

I started slowing down a little as the beast got closer. I felt my body giving out. I just wanted to collapse on the ground and let the wolf tear me apart.

Just then, I felt my foot get caught on something. I immediately fell the ground. I looked to see my foot tangled in the overgrown roots. My foot was stuck and had no way out. The wolf got closer and closer. Then I realized, I don't want to die.

If I die then Jayden would have never forgive himself because he would probably think it was all his fault. Then he would be an absolute mess. And Brice, Brice would be heart broken. Heart broken at the fact that girl he loved was eaten by wolves because she could take it, being so shy and antisocial that she couldn't talk to anyone. To where she was a rumor of her existence.

Wolf charged at me. I looked around and grabbed a thick branch that was by the roots. I brought it in front of me just in time because the wolf had jump right on top of me. He sinked his teeth into the branch and locked onto it. The fierce beast tried pulling the branch away from my grasp but I wouldn't let it.

Even though I was pushing the wolf away the beast was strong than I am. It's snout kept getting closer and closer to my nose. It's fur getting closer to my skin. It's fangs getting closer to my skin. I didn't know what to do but scream. I kept screaming and screaming at the top of my lungs as the wolf got closer to me. I could feel its breath spraying my skin.

I felt like I had no more fight left in me until I heard BANG and the wolf started running off, whimpering away. I looks at my arms. There were claw marks all over me I suddenly felt my ankle get an intense amount of pain. I felt tears going down my face as I looked up. There was a man standing there from a distance. It was Jayden.

"Jayden?" I painted.

"Naomi!" he yelled.

He starting to run to me.

"Jayden!" I screamed.

I started sobbing. Tears started flooding down my eyes like a waterfall. I couldn't believe it was him. He came for me. Even though I ran from him. He chased me.

Jayden wrapped his arms around me and squeezed as hard as he could. I laid my head on his shoulder. My head started to feel dizzy. I just felt fall asleep. Just closing my eyes and having my brother carry me to home. Lying me in my soft, comfy bed. covering me with my warm, snugly blankets and just sleep peacefully.

"Naomi, I'm so sorry. I never meant to lay a single finger on you. But when I did I couldn't believe what I had down." Jayden said.

"Then I saw that you were bleeding and.... I felt like I had killed somebody. actually, even worse than that. Then when you ran off and didn't look back... Well..... I thought you might've never came back. And loosing mom was painful enough, but loosing you,... I mean, I don't know how I could love with myself." he explained.

When I heard him say that was breathtaking. I had no idea how bad Jayden really was when we lost mom.

"Jayden, I was going to kill myself." I gently whispered to him.

"What?" he said.

"Soon you'll be leaving for college and so will everyone else we know. Like Audrey or Brice. And where am I going to be? Here, in this house. Doing college online. I'm going to have nobody Jayden. I'm not going to be living my dream like you are. I'm going to be spending the rest of my life in that house, but this time. I'm going to be alone." I explained to him.

"Then I won't go to college!" Jayden recommended.

"What?" I said.

"I won't let you be alone here. If you're not leaving then I'm not leaving." He demanded.

"Yes you are. Jayden Smith Clarkson you will be leaving for college one way or another. I will not be the reason you don't live your dream." I demanded.

Jayden smiled.

"Okay. Let's discuss this in the morning, okay?" he said gently.

I wanted to say, No! We need to talk about this right here and right now! but I was way to tired to argue with him.

"Okay." I told him.

Jayden then picked up my clawed up, bloody, frail body and carried me home. When we got home he laid me in the bathtub so he could clean up my cuts. He got some rubbing alcohol and started pouring it onto my cuts.

"Ahhhh!" I yelled.

It felt like he had pick bees all along my body and the bees were just stingy their way into my flesh.

"I know it hurts, but it's the only thing I have to use to clean the cuts." He said.

When he was done he put a whole bunch of bandaged on the deep cuts then lifted me up and out of the bathtub and carried me to my bedroom. He pulled out some clothes and helped me changed my clothes.

Usually I would be yelling at him and he would be covering his eyes completely an running out like he saw the devil in my room. But this time I was too tired and too weak to argue with him and he knew that. But he couldn't just let me sleep with all these blood stains on my shirt.

He helped me put on a tee shirt and some pajama pants. When I was dressed I lied down on my bed and Jayden covered me with blankets. Jayden then leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Nai-Nai." He whispered.

He walked out of my room and turned off the lights. He closed the door and walked into his bedroom.

"Good night.... Jay-Jay."