Chapter 15

After school as we were driving out of the school. All I could think about was that girl Valerie, and what she told me. I looked out the window of the car to try to get my mind off it.

"Hey Naomi, you okay?" Jayden asked.

How does he always know that theirs something on my mind?! Do we have fricking twin telepathy?!

"No, everything's fine. Just tired from my first day of school." I tried to play it off.

"Well. You better get use to it. 'Cause theirs going to be many more days of school to look forward to." he mocked.

I smiled. I happy about him being happy. He is so cute when he's all happy. I mean in a relative way. He always has that goofy smile and when he's excited about something he get a little hyper. So I could tell by his hand moving all over the steering wheel that he was excited about something.

"What are you excited about? Are you going to finally propose to Audrey?" I asked jokingly.

Jayden starts turning bright red and smiles even bigger.

"No. We're still too young." He told me.

Jayden has been wanting to propose to Audrey ever since they had their three year anniversary. And that was their freshman year. They started dating in sixth grade. They never knew how serious their relationship would be until after two years. After that they actually started to act committed. And Audrey's parents are okay with it. They actually love my brother. He's just a charmer.

"So what is it that your so excited about?" I asked again.

"I'm taking you to our favorite place to eat." He said.

"Which is?..."

"Miss Gillard's Café!" He yelled excitedly.

Miss Gillard's Café?! I haven't been there since my mother died. It was were my mom did most of her gigs at. We would go there every week to watch my mother perform. It was so much fun. But when my mom died Miss Gillard's was devastated. But in honor of my mother. Miss Gillard made a small memorial next to the stage. Where my brother and I would sit and watch.

"Do you go there often?" I questioned Jayden.

"Yeah, I go here all the time. I actually made this THE hang out for high schoolers." He bragged.

Still in the car, I turned around and look at the place. It look just like it did when I was a little girl. Same bright colored exterior, same bright green stairs that brings you to the entrance, even the same sign of an old lady taking a spoonful of soul with the words Miss Gillard's Café surrounding the old lady. It made me feel like I was seven again. Walking into the café with Jayden and my mother so she could perform as Jayden and so cheer for her.

"You ready to head in?" Jayden asked me.

I looked behind me. Their were so many people going in there. My hands started to sweat. I don't know if I can go in there, the too many people in such a small space. And..... it reminded too much of my mother.... my DEAD mother. My breathing started to get heavy and I started to feel noshes.

"Naomi?" My brother said, rubbing my shoulder.

"I can't do it." I shrieked.

"What do you mean. It's just Miss Gillard's Café." he said.

I tear start to run down my cheek. I don't why I start to tear up. I didn't feel that anxious but it just happened.

"Please Jayden, I can't." I said.

There was a long pause.

Then Jayden finally said, "Okay, let me just call and let Audrey know."