Chapter 23

May the first came quickly.

It was a Tuesday, and it would be the first day Rob and I would take possession of our condo downtown. I tried to keep my wits about me, and not get too excited. As the pessimist that I was, it wasn't hard to be calm, as I always expected something to go wrong. It seemed to be my track record after all.

Even though I was looking forward to this day, I still wasn't moving out until July, when the kids were done school and it wouldn't be so hard on Allie. The last few months were good surprisingly. I felt freer, and more relaxed, not having to hide anything anymore from her. Allie was supportive as usual, and pushed aside her own emotions to make sure that I was okay. I was trying to do the same to her. In fact, we started to discuss guys that would be a good match for her that we knew, me being so open about who I thought was hot for her. It was nice to be able to talk openly with her. And in fact, it drew us together even more in a totally different way.

It was like I could finally breathe. And stop hiding. And Allie was right: I felt more like me every day.

She did keep pressuring me about Darren, but I ignored her advice. Darren was the one that left. After almost three years, I felt that I was over him, and was moving on. Moving on with Rob. But Allie's voice was always in the back of my head, reminding me that I should be telling Darren that we were splitting up because I had finally come out. She thought Darren would want to know. Me on the other hand, didn't care if he knew now or not.

Three years ago I was ready to leave Allie for Darren. Then he up and told me the family was moving to the States to be together. And to get away from me.

My phone rang, vibrating in my pants as I left my office, making me stop in the middle of the parking lot and reach into my pocket to grab it. When I saw Rob's name displayed on my screen, my face lit up and I knew the reason he was calling.

"Yes I'm on my way." I said without even saying hello.

I heard his deep voice chuckle. "Can you tell I'm a little excited?" His voice made me stop in my tracks, sending a little shiver through me as I pictured him. My big solid muscular cop. 6'2" of beef, sculpted like a man in his 30s for a man in his 50s. Handsome as fuck. With a cock that grew hard instantly for me. And in a couple of months, we would be a couple. Living together.

I threw my work stuff into the passenger seat of my car as I cradled the phone in my ear and walked around my vehicle. "I'm moving as fast as I can."

He chuckled again. "I know. I'm glad you're not wearing a coat. That ass looks ripe for the picking in those pants."

I stopped and looked around. "Are you watching me?" I smiled, peering around for his cruiser, but I didn't see it.

And then his personal car pulled out of a parking spot a few down from mine, and he slowly drove towards me as I stood watching him. I could see his bearded face smiling wide as his window rolled down and the car stopped perpendicular to mine. He let out a little whistle both into the phone and loud enough I could hear him.

"Seriously?" I said into the phone, before realizing how stupid it was to keep talking into it. I pulled the phone away from my ear and disconnected as I walked over to his car.

"I called you as soon as you left your building there." He laughed. "You looked pretty funny trying to get at your phone. Pants too tight?" His shit eating grin was sexy as hell, as was the rest of him sitting in his car. He was casually dressed, jeans and runners without socks as I could see his ankles, and an Avengers t-shirt on, the symbol stretched across his bulky pecs. He leaned a forearm onto his steering wheel, causing one pec to flex and I think I wobbled a bit. How did I get so lucky again? I thought to myself as I put my hand on his window.