Christmas. A time for joy. Right?

I walked back to the common room, happy that I wouldn't have to put up with Umbridge for much longer, because we leave the day after tomorrow for break. It was snowing hard outside. I gave the fat lady the password, and walked inside. Lilly, James, Rose, and Teddy were all waiting for me. "What did she make you do?" Teddy asked me. I thought about it for a minute. "Lines," I said. I decided to not tell them it was a lot more than lines. "That's not so bad then, isn't it?" Rose said. "Yeah, I suppose. I'm going to go to bed now," I said, and walked up the stairs to my dorm. I fell onto the bed, and fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. 

I woke up, excited that I would be going home tomorrow, regardless of how short it was for. I winced as I pulled on my favorite stripped sweater. The words etched into my arm hurt. I covered them in bandages, making sure it wasn't visible. I met my friends outside the painting, and we discussed what we would do for the day. "Lets go outside," Lilly said. We all agreed, and soon enough we were throwing snowballs at each other. James threw one at me, and hit me right on the word monster that was carved into my arm. I fell over. Gasping from the pain, I stood back up again to see five worried faces looking at me. "are you alright?" They all asked me in unison. "Gosh, you all are like dogs. I'm fine," I said. We kept throwing snowballs for a little longer, but it eventually got too dark to see a foot ahead of us. We walked into the castle, sopping wet, to find Flitch staring at us. "What?" I asked him warily. "You're getting the castle all wet!" He said. I ignored him and walked to the Great hall. The sent of chicken filled my nose, and my mouth watered. Meat. We walked over to the griffindor table, where Scorpius and Albus were already waiting. Kayla bounded up and pulled James into a hug. I mock-barfed, and Scorpius laughed. I sat down next to him. "You have to come over for Christmas evening. We are all going to eat dinner together, and Teddy is already going so you are the last one," I said, and scooted closer to him. "Of course. Dad and Mom have been wanting to meet you," He said, and kissed me on my cheek. I felt my cheeks turn red. Rose smirked. "Oh, would you quit it," I told her. She just smirked even more.

I got off the train last, King, Mom, and Dad waiting for me. "Hi sweetie," Fleur said, and hugged me. "Hi mom," I told her. "Hey dad," I said. "Hello Luna," He said. King just stood there awkwardly. I grabbed onto my mother's hand, and we were apparated to shell cottage, our home. I forgot how salty the air was. I heaved my trunk up to my bedroom, panting. I eventually used magic, tired of it being so heavy. I sat down on the edge of my bed, and remembered six months ago when I was writing to Rose. Time flies. I unpacked my trunk, and began to read a book. 

The days leading to Christmas were happy ones. We decorated the house, baked cookies, and played in the snow. The only thing that was not exactly happy was when all four of us had to go down to the forest instead of just one or two. Before I knew it, I was walking up to number twelve, Grimmauld place. Harry potter let us in, smiling. Teddy, Scorpius, and Rose were already there. "Told you that you would be last," James said. "Oh, shut up," I said, laughing. We walked over to the kitchen where Ginny, Hermione, and Fleur were cooking. "Luna, can you wash and cut up these peppers please?" Hermione asked me. "Sure, Aunt Hermione!" I said, and without thinking, I rolled up my sleeves. Big mistake. "Holy crap! What in the name of Merlin happened to your arms?!" Ginny shrieked. I rolled them down as fast as I could. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said. Bill had heard what had happened. "Young lady, show me your arms," He commanded. I rolled up my sleeves, revealing the scars and the word monster. Bill swore. "Who did that to you?!" Rose said. Of course. Just my luck to have all my friends come in to see what had happened to me. "Umbridge." I said flatly. "Why?" Bill asked me. "You told us it was only lines," Scorpius said. "I wasn't about to let her rant on about how werewolves are monsters, was I? I am not letting her shove me around," I said. "Just because you want to stand up for your family doesn't mean you have to pay that price," Bill said. "You didn't tell him-" I said to Fleur. She nodded. Bill's eyes widened at my words. "Do you mean that-" "Yes," I said before he could say anymore. "Dinner's done," Harry said, before anyone could have found out any more. Tension was thick at the table. Draco and Astoria were silent. Something told me that they knew. Finally, after like ten minutes of silence Albus broke it. "Ok, someone better explain what is going on." James, Lilly, Teddy, and Scorpius agreed. I felt my vision go crazy. Oh gosh, they can't find out. I blinked rapidly, and my vision was clear. "What do you know about Luna and I's dad?" King asked them. "King, don't you dare tell them," I said through clenched teeth. "Why not Luna? They have the right to know!" "I swear if you tell them I will make sure every bone in your body is in a million pieces King." "All that I know is that he was attacked by something a year before the battle of Hogwarts," Albus said. I gripped the fork that was in my hand as hard as I could. "Do you know what it was?" King was going to have this fork in his head if he didn't shut up. I watched Harry exchange a glance with Ginny. "King, I swear if you say as much as one more word I will make sure this fork is in your skull, and I  will use a lovely curse by the name of sectemsempra on you." Harry and Draco's jaws dropped. "How on earth do you know about that?" Harry asked me. "I have my sources," I said while shrugging. "All hail the dark lady," Scorpius said jokingly. "More like all hail the dark werewolf," King said. I watched, as the words I did not want to hear came from James. "You. Are. A. Monster," He said, and got up and left the dining room. Scorpius' and Teddy's faces were paler than the snow. "You said you were the only one," They said, looking at King.  I grabbed my wand, and poked King in the eye with it. "Ouch!" He said along with some very nice words. Blood dripped down from his eyelid. "Good. I could have done better," I told him. I poked him squarely in the chest. Hard. He screamed. "Stop it Luna," Bill said warningly. "You do not control me," I said, but removed my wand from where it had dug into King's chest, and aimed it at his heart. "Oh no you don't," King said, and grabbed his wand. "Indicendio!" He screamed, but missed. He set Ginny's sink on fire. Bill put it out, swearing. "Stupefy!" I shouted, and he was shoved against the wall. "Sectemsempra!" King said, surprising me. Everything was on slow-mo. Draco and Scorpius running over to try and shove me out of the way, Rose screaming. "Expecto Patronum!" I screamed, and a white wolf shot out of my wand, preventing the curse from hitting me or reflecting onto my brother. "You learned from King, didn't you?" Bill asked me. "No, actually. A very helpful place called the room the requirement did," I told him. "Why did you try to shove me out of the way?" I said, turning to Draco and Scorpius. "For two reasons. One: It is a deadly curse, and very painful. Two: Scorpius' friends are valued by me, considering he does not have many," Draco said. "Well thanks. This wasn't exactly how I saw Christmas going down," I said to everyone. King sniggered. "I swear you little devil, I know how to preform that little curse too, so if I were you I'd watch it," I said to King. "Pie's ready," Hermione said akwardly. We all laughed, and sat down to finish dinner.

Hey y'all! So yeah, I didn't have a lot of paitence, and I thought it would make Christmas more eventful. Anyways, what do you think happens next? I may or may not have been planning out this part in my head ever since I started writing, and in short she becomes very rebelious, more than she has been at least.. Ok, I'm done wasting your time now. bye!!

🐝🐝🐝