07 ―『 amusement park 』

Chapter Seven - Amusement Park.

───────────────────────

My birthday came unexpectedly fast. And just like what Emma wanted, we went to the amusement park. We're not that many. Just me, the other three, and Haru. Emma invited Ken with us.

The blond-hair dragged us inside, it was already 5pm. As expected, there were so many people. I can't see any place spacious enough for us. All of the stalls were full, even the rides, there were long ass lines.

"See? I told you. Let's just eat at home. I'll even cook for you all." I said, turning my back against them before walking away not until someone suddenly held the back collar of my oversized polo and pulled it. I almost choked.

"This is literally normal, y/n. And no, we're not just eating home. We are going to have fun today."

I sighed, having no choice but to follow them around. At first, it was boring. But it slowly felt fun.

"Manjiro, let's do some bet." Shinichiro pointed at one stall. "The one who wins gets to give the loser some penalty."

It was a shooting game. You'd be given a toy gun with five bullets inside and you have to shoot the miniature soldier dolls thingy on the shelves across you. If you get to shoot down at least three of them, you'll get some stuff toy.

Manjiro smirked, "Battle accepted!"

I shook my head at how childish they were. Ken and Emma were already on a different stall, it was a claw machine this time. It looked like Emma wanted to get the pink plushy inside.

The game started. The two looked so dumb trying to shoot down those toys. Manjiro even made weird poses, same as Shinichiro who thought he's in some action movie or what.

In the end, no one won.

"Wait, this is unfair!" Shinichiro shouted. "The trigger isn't that tight!"

"Mister, are you sure the gun has five bullets inside? It felt like it only had three!"

These two be making up excuses even when it's clear that they lost. Men and their ego.

"Stop it, you too." Emma and Ken came back. The former was holding a pink teddy bear. "It's literally obvious that you both lost."

The two groaned in annoyance. The younger one was grumbling something under his breath while the older looked like someone took his motorcycle or something.

My eyes flew towards one of the prizes. It was a strawberry stuffed plushy, half my size. It made me think about Haruchiyo.

Speaking of the devil...

Haruchiyo grabbed my elbow when he noticed me staring at the toy. "Do you want that?" he asked softly.

Unknowingly, I nodded. He went near the stall and paid the seller before getting the toy gun that's now full with five bullets.

His arm levelled up with his shoulder. And closing one eye, he pulled the trigger.

It felt as if all of us had our mouths hung open as we witnessed how he successfully shot down all of the toy soldiers.

"Woah, he shot them all down!"

"I didn't know you were good at this, Haruchiyo!"

"Congratulations," the seller said, "what do you want as a prize?"

He pointed at the stuffed toy I was staring at earlier. After receiving it, he immediately gave it to me. "For you."

I blushed, getting the stuffed toy. "T-Thank you."

We played a few more games until it was already nighttime. Emma and Ken had completely disappeared. I was left alone with these two prideful, dumb men and a strawberry haired introvert.

"Hey, y/n! We'll ride the roller coaster, wanna come?" Manjiro said.

I waved my hand at them, "I'm good."

"Mm, 'kay. Let's all meet at the fountain later, there's fireworks!" Shinichiro said as they walked away.

Strawberry boy and I ended up alone together. He had his mask on, both of his hands are inside the pockets of his sweatpants as he looked around.

Both of us were quiet as we walked. Me, who was still shy about the strawberry stuffed toy prize he gave me. Him, maybe because he had nothing to say at all.

Our eyes would meet, and we'd either laugh lightly or smile at each other. That's it, nothing more. But still...

It felt like the best birthday I've ever celebrated.

My sight caught the ferris wheel, like it was luring me to come and ride it.

"Hey," I called the silent boy beside ne. "Do you want to ride at the ferris wheel?"

His gaze went up to the wheel and back down at me, I was literally only up until his shoulders. Boy was a titan in his past life.

Because of our height difference, I had to stretch my neck that it hurts. Yes, I'm overreacting.

He nodded. I held his hand and pulled him with me, lining up for the ride. Luckily enough, we managed to be the last pair for the ride.

My gaze stayed on the crowd as Haruchiyo sat in front of me. I felt us moving, slowly going towards the very top of the wheel.

"Look at the moon." I pointed at the shining ball luminating on the night sky. "It's so beautiful, isn't it?"

I didn't look at him, but on my peripheral vision, I saw how he nodded his head, agreeing on what I said.

Without a thought, I removed his mask. His eyes widened, not expecting my move. He was about to take it back when I raised my arm.

"Nah ah, you are not going to wear this anymore," I said as I threw the mask off, it's figure slowly disappearing from our line of sight. "You're beautiful, what are you so insecure of?"

He frozed at my question before looking away, unable to gaze at my questioning eyes.

My eyes remained on him, waiting for his answer. I don't care if I'm going to stare at him for seconds, minutes, years, or even forever! I want him to feel that I'm always here, listening to every bit of his problem. I want him to feel that he's comfortable with telling me anything. I don't want him to feel alone, like what I felt during my childhood years.

Noticing my stare, he looked back at me, sighing.

"I... I hated my scars."

───────────────────────

rosie.