end ―『 epilogue 』

Epilogue.

───────────────────────

Life is fucked up.

That's what I always think as I hand my customer five sachets of illegal drugs. His smile widened as he caressed the powders like it was his newborn child. The smell of toxic smoke from his cigarette covered the narrow alleyway where we met up.

"Damn, you never failed to amaze me," the man complimented me as a dry smirk went up his lips. "Your parents must be so proud of you."

Well, it might be sad of how you'll be fucking surprise when I told do they won't. They never were. Whether if what I did was right or not.

For them, I have always been a failure.

In the age of ten, after I ran away, I was introduced to the world of drugs by someone who found me laying on the streets. At first, I was scared. But as time passed by, I started to get the hang of what I'm doing.

I never wanted to work like this in the first place. I just want an honest job and live normally. But with my situation, it was nothing but a mere dream.

Negotiations like this would just commonly go smoothly, but this was an excemption.

Not only did these motherfuckers want a discount, they also wanted me to give them all of the packets I'm bringing for just three dollars. Bitch, each packet costs fifty bucks.

Right when I didn't accept their request, they started beating me up to a pulp. Damn, these crazy people.

I could've just ran away and never fight back, but they're testing my patience. Calling me weak for not fighting back, are they dumb?

It looks like they're unaware, of the katana I always bring with me.

Just as I was about to take out my weapon and play fruit ninja with them, the loud sound of the trash bin caught our attention.

"Hey, princess. Wanna have some fun?"

Disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

I wanted to run away and just get over with what happened, deciding to just kill them the next time I encounter them on the streets.

But why is my body not cooperating with me. My brain already said to run away and escape before someone could catch me numerous times. But why do I feel like I'm holding back?

Is it because of my beaten up state, or maybe because of... her?

A part of me wanted to help her, but a part of me also wanted to escape. Why do I feel thankful of her for stealing these asshole's attention from me?

Damn it, if I run away, I feel like my conscience would haunt me for the rest of my life with just imagining what may happen to the girl that couldn't even save herself.

A bitter laugh came out of my lips. Conscience? Do I even have one?

I shut down all my emotions a long time ago, believing that it was just a nuisance to my job. For the past years, I've dedicated my life to this work as this is the only thing that's keeping me alive.

But still, I wanted to help her.

But why would I? I don't even know her.

"H-Hey."

Before I even knew it, my body moved on its own. Pulling the girl towards me and slamming her to the wall with my hand covering her lips, silencing her.

Those weird ass men already ran away after hearing the loud sirens, leaving me alone with this girl with her now wet h/c locks covering her face.

And hell knows how much I wanted to curse my heart for suddenly beating so fast.