Domesticated

Credits to the real owner of the art. This chapter is dedicated to @Jorie2018, you literally made me cry. 

Warning, the following content may contain sensitive themes such as phobia and mental illness that might be disturbing to some readers.

---

Streaky climbed on the clothes basket after Jason filled it with newly dried clothes from the machine. The orange blinks slowly at Jason, its eyes are sharp as if it's criticizing him for smoking. "What? Do you want one?" Jason asks the cat and offered his cigarette to the animal, he looks over his shoulder to glance at the sign on the wall that says; No Smoking once more before smiling at himself.

"Mom!" Colin ran into the laundry room bringing another basket. Colin comes to a stop in front of Jason, staring first at the cigarette between Jason's fingers, then at the notice on the wall stating clearly that smoking is prohibited in the laundry room.

Colin did not say anything about Jason smoking. He gave his mom a smile and showed him the basket he is bringing, then went to fetch the clothing that had been left in the dryer. It's the little things Jason admires about the kid; he doesn't make a big deal about his smoking habit. "What's your dad doing?" Jason asks and finished his cigarette.

"She's making breakfast," Colin replied cheerfully while he retrieves the clothes inside the dryer. "Oh yeah, what is she making?" Jason asks and helped Colin carry the basket, he handed him the lighter stuff. "I saw her frying sweet ham," Colin said excitedly and Jason messed with his hair.

Kara moving in with them is one of the best ideas Jason has ever come up with, he can never be prouder of himself. It's obvious that Colin's mood is so much better ever since Kara has been with them, he is happier and more energetic. There are subtle yet big changes in the house with Kara around, one of those changes is that the house feels warmer.

Jason doesn't have to worry about leaving Colin alone in the house for a few hours before his shift ends because Kara is already home. Even though Kara and Jason's roles are reversed, Jason is extremely proud of himself; Colin has somebody he can confidently call mom and dad. Streaky followed them out of the laundry room and the apartment building lobby.

Colin stops in front of the elevator but Jason shakes his head. "Naah, kid, we're taking the stairs. C'mon, it's exercise," Jason said and pointed at the stairs, Colin doesn't complain, he smiles at Jason and followed. "Mom, does your cheek still hurt?" Colin asks and pointed at his cheek.

"No, but it bruised," Jason replied. "Don't tell your dad," Jason added and Colin nods his head enthusiastically, Jason paused to look at Colin. Did he just teach Colin to lie? "I mean if your dad asks then tell her the truth. Let's keep her thinking I got this during patrol as long as she doesn't ask." Jason orders and Colin nods his head happily. "Copy that, mom!" Colin replied.

Jason has a bruise on his cheek from Kara accidentally hitting him while she was sleeping last night, and he felt like he had been sucker-punched for no reason. Kara saw the bruise when they woke up and she swiftly plastered a bandage on his cheek, assuming it was caused by last night's patrol. Jason did not have the heart to tell the female Kryptonian that she was the one who caused it.

Jason didn't mean to keep things from her again but Kara did not give him the opportunity to explain right away. When Kara saw the bruise on his cheek, she flew to their bathroom, retrieved a bandage after almost crushing their first aid kit, stuck the bandage on his cheek, and performed a ritual on his face. "Pain, pain, go away," Kara sang and held his face, she kissed his cheek and made Jason smile like an idiot.