Nightshade

Everything is blurry, but Suren is sure, that the one wearing a red robe standing by the foot of his bed is Mara. He would have drunk all the poison for Mara if he knew that he'd wake up with her waiting for him to wake up, okay maybe not all the poison. His throat hurts so does his stomach, its as if he drank toxic waste or lava.

It's all worth it, for her.

"Mara," Suren said and realized his throat his hoarse. "You are probably mad at me for the reckless act that I did," Suren continued even though Mara did not answer. "I apologize, and I... I am happy that you are here," Suren said and tries to sit up and look at Mara better. "I did what I had to because I... I love you, I am... since we were children, I have always been in love with you," Suren said while he is running out of breath.

Mara did not answer, she stood at the foot of the bed and did not move. Suren is getting nervous. "Mara? Please... if you can, please just say something," Suren pleaded.

"This is really weird," She replied and Suren realized that Mara sounds different. "And very embarrassing for you," the woman moved closer to Suren, Suren then recognized that the woman is not Mara, but Lady Nyssa. "It was sweet, Prince Suren, but I'm not Mara," Nyssa continued and Suren grimaced in disgust.

"WHERE'S MARA?" Suren asks.

"Not here," Nyssa said and Suren threw the covers to the side to get up. "Stop!" Nyssa yelled and held Suren back. "You're very weak right now," Nyssa said and Suren felt that he can't move his legs. "Where's Mara?!" Suren yelled and Nyssa frowns at him, Suren was about to shout again when Nyssa instantly slaps his face.

Suren fell back on the bed. "Stay," Nyssa said to him and Suren held his cheek. "You can't slap a patient and prince, patient, prince, both! You can't slap me because I'm both!" Suren argues. Nyssa raised her hand again to slap Suren and Suren raised both his hands to show surrender. "I surrender!" Suren said to Nyssa.

"Don't you dare shout at me," Nyssa reprimanded Suren. "Where's Lady Mara?" Suren asks in a calm manner, Nyssa went to the side table to pass a cup to Suren. "You took your time waking up, if you had woken up the first day, you could have seen her," Nyssa answered and helps Suren hold the drink.

Suren let the cup touch his lips to test the temperature, the smell alone took him back to the past when he and Hafid Al Ghul used to battle in front of Ra's. They would both end up bloody and wounded entering Ravi-sensei's class, their teacher's smiles would waver while he prepares tea for them. Odd as it sounds, he misses those days. He sipped the tea, he definitely did not miss the taste of the tea.

It's as bitter as he recalls, he and Hafid Al Ghul would act tough and hold out from eating the sugar leaf to erase the bitter taste of the tea but would both lose. "Where's the sugar leaf?" Suren asks and Nyssa passes him a bottle of wine instead. "You're too old for sugar leaf," Nyssa answered.

Suren shrugged and took the bottle, the bottle almost slipped out of his fingers then he paused. "Wait, what do you mean by first day?" Suren asks while Nyssa helps him hold the bottle of wine. "How long have I been asleep?!" Suren asks again. "Long enough for our lady to annihilate everyone in the town where you guys were," Nyssa answered.

"Five days?!" Suren asks and Nyssa took the cup from him. "Don't be ridiculous, she did it in three," Nyssa replied. "Nobody stopped her?" Suren asks and Nyssa stares at Suren. "Would you?" Nyssa challenges him.

"Not exactly," Suren replied. "You can't, she was truly angry when you did not wake up the first two days. Who can blame her? You are the prince of Tibet who came here to help us and yet you were hurt," Nyssa explained and started peeling an apple. "I spent my whole childhood preparing myself for consuming poison, and now that I did, I see that my training was useless," Suren answered.