Chapter 4: Sweet and Cold Delivery Service

Kudou Arina strolled the streets of Beika. She wore a blue butterfly sleeved pinafore dress on top of a white puff-sleeved blouse. Her long hair woven into a braided updo, with two curly pieces left out in the front. 

Arina was on her way to Café Poirot to try their famous sandwiches. She also secretly hoped to get to see Amuro Tooru again. 

'To spy on him, of course. Yes, to spy on him, nothing else! I definitely don't miss him or anything like that, definitely not. I wanted to return to Japan to help onii-chan in the first place! So yes, I'm only visiting Poirot to try their sandwiches, and get information on Bourbon!' she thought.

She walked on to Beika's fifth district, then eventually arrived at Café Poirot, right below the Mouri Detective Agency. 

'So this is Poirot! It looks like a cozy place,' thought Arina as she placed her hand on the door's handle. 'For some reason I feel kinda nervous. I guess it's because I'm going to be spying on someone for the first time!' she thought as she pushed the door open, and entered the café.

"Ah, it's Arina-chan!" exclaimed a blonde dark-skinned man, who was wearing an apron which had the words 'Coffee Poirot' on it.

'-ch-chan?!' thought Arina, surprised.

"Hello, Amuro-san! I've come to try the famous Poirot sandwiches like I said!" said Arina, as Amuro led her to a table. He then handed her a menu as she sat down. 

"K-Kudou Arina?!" exclaimed a woman who was wearing an apron just like Amuro's. "Amuro-san, how do you know the famous actress?!" she asked in shock. 

"She's a friend of Ran-san, so I met her last time I solved a case with Mouri-sensei," Amuro explained.

"I'm Enomoto Azusa! It's great to meet you, Arina-chan, I'm a big fan!" Azusa said to Arina.

"Oh, thank you! It's nice to meet you,  Azusa-san!" Arina said in reply.

Arina then went through the menu, then decided on her order.

"I'll have the sandwiches and an iced coffee," Arina told Amuro who was taking her order.

"Ok, Arina-chan!" he said, then left her table, disappearing somewhere behind the counter. 

'Why is he calling me -chan, now? Oh right, he did say he was a fan of mine, maybe he just wants to get closer,' Arina thought to herself while waiting for her order to be prepared. 

She gazed out the café window, observing the scenery for a while, then she took out a school book, papers, and pens from her bag. She had planned on getting some school work done while she was at the café.

'And if I look like I'm busy doing my school work, I'll look less suspicious, and no one will suspect that I'm actually a spy!' she thought. 

As Arina was about to open her book, someone suddenly sat across her. As she looked up, she realized it was Amuro.

"Ah sorry, am I disturbing your work?" Amuro asked as Arina's eyes met his. 

"Oh no, it's fine! How about you though, Amuro-san, don't you need to take care of the customers?"

"Yes, and I'm doing exactly that," he replied.

"Eh?" said Arina.

Amuro laughed. "You're the only customer here right now, the other guy just left a moment ago."

"Ah you're right," said Arina, looking around the café.

"Is that homework?" asked Amuro.

"Yes, well technically it's just school work. Since I'm homeschooled, all of my school work is homework," Arina joked.