Chapter 9: The Heartfelt Strap

'A date with Rei-san?!' Arina thought to herself with hearts in her eyes, and her hands on her cheeks.

'Well come to think of it, this doesn't necessarily means he likes me. I mean, he is literally a PSB agent and a member of the black organization. He could be getting close to me to investigate onii-chan or something...'

At this realization, Arina suddenly felt down.

'No! I will not let myself have a pity party! Even if that is the case it doesn't matter! I will just make him fall in love with me. Wow, I'm so smart! Anyway, all that matters is that I am going on this date. Whatever the reasons behind it are don't matter. This is my first date ever, so I'm going to enjoy it from start to finish!'

Arina woke up extra early on the day of her date with Amuro. She spent hours getting ready, after all, it was her first date.

She had to find a way to look her best while still keeping herself disguised, as she was a famous world-renowned actress.

'This is the worst! Why am I so famous?! I should never have gone into show business,' Arina sulked. 'Well no...come to think of it, Rei-san did say he was a fan of me, so I guess it was worth it,' she thought with a giggle.

Arina ended up wearing a frilly and lacey white dress with black stockings and black mary janes. She kept her long hair in a braided half updo, and reluctantly put on a white bucket hat and a pair of glasses to help hide her identity.

'I look so much prettier without the hat and glasses, but I guess it really can't be helped. I'm sure Rei-san would be troubled if someone spotted us and uploaded a picture online,' she sighed to herself.

Arina quickly had breakfast with Subaru, then got ready to leave.

"Are you heading out somewhere?" Subaru asked Arina.

Arina froze. She was just a couple of meters away from the door.

"I'm just going to hang out with a friend!" Arina said with a nervous-sounding laugh and smile.

She was a great actress, yet she was never really able to apply her skills in real life.

"Alright then," Subaru said with an unsuspecting smile. "Take care!"

Arina waved at him and went out the door, and saw Amuro's car parked in front of the gate. 

Amuro stepped out of his car and opened the door of the passenger's seat for Arina.

"G-Good morning, Rei-san!" Arina smiled.

"Good morning, Arina-chan!" Amuro smiled back.

Amuro closed the car door after Arina entered, then entered the car himself, sitting in the driver's seat. The car then drove away.

Subaru peered outside a window of the Kudou mansion.

"A white RX-7, huh?"

Arina took off her glasses in the car. She figured that this was her only chance to look her best. As soon as they stepped out, she would have to put them on again.

"I'm so excited! I haven't been to the aquarium in years!" Arina exclaimed in excitement.

"Me neither, actually. I've been so busy with work for the past few years," said Amuro. "By the way, you look really cute today," Amuro gave her a smile.

"Thank you," she said a bit shyly, returning his smile.

They eventually arrived at the aquarium.