16.

Brock's pov-

I sit in silence as I cradle myself on the cold forest floor. I sniffled and brought my hand up to wipe the remaining of my tears. I sighed and looked up to the trees. They were blowing slowly, and the sun was setting. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to think.

Right now I was helpless. Nogla was gone, I didn't know where I was, and the guys must be worried sick. I've been gone for hours, and haven't returned yet. I reached my hand up to my neck, and felt the dried blood scabbing up.

My body was numb, and I couldn't move. Or at least I couldn't get far in a state like this. I was running out of options, so I did the only thing I could think of. I raised my hand up to my mouth, and I screeched. My eagle call echoed around me, and drifted through the wind.

"Hopefully that was loud enough to reach them..." I said. I then slowly laid myself on the floor, and let the darkness of unconscious, surround me.

Matt's pov-

"No you butthole, that's my worm!" I shouted. Eli rolled his eyes and smirked. He grabbed the worm and flew off with it.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled. I flew after him. We zoomed through the trees, careful not to be seen. We considered what the eagle named Moo had said. We didn't really wanna trust him at first, seeing as many eagles didn't see us as trustworthy comrade's, but more like tasty appetizers.

As I was catching up to Eli, I was just about to nip at his tail, when I heard a loud screech. I winced at the noise, and came crashing into a high branch.

"Holy shit! You good dude?" Eli asked as he perched on the branch above me. I shook my head to get rid of my dizziness, and nodded.

"Yeah....uh, did you hear that?" I asked as I hopped into the branch. He tilted his head and nodded.

"I thought it was just me. It was pretty distant though..." He said, looking in the direction that it came from. I frowned and started to fly towards it.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" Eli squacks, flying after me. I shrugged and flew faster.

"I need to see what it was." I shouted to him. He huffed and flew to my side.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." He insisted. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Okay."

"And, we have to bring Flom." He said.

"What? Why, not that I have a problem with it though." I questioned.

He shrugged and smiled.

"I just feel safer with more of us." He admitted. I chuckled and nudged his side, making him almost fall out of the air.

"You're such a pussy. Okay, let's go get him!" I laughed, turning to stop at Flom's tree. We both stopped at his tree, and hopped over to his little hole in the truck. I leaned into it, peering down into the little home.

"FLOOOOM!!" I shouted. Eli winced as he brought his wings up to his ears.

"MAAAATT MY FRRRIEND!" He shouted back, rolling the 'r' a bit. I laughed as he bounced out of the tree. His golden goldfinch feathers glowing in the sunlight.

"Heyyyy, how you doing? You busy right now?" I asked, Eli hopping over next to me.

"I'm great, thanks for asking! And, I think I'm free for the next couple days. I already stashed some beetles in my hou- I mean.....yeah I'm free!" He said, shuffling to cover the hole to his tree. I laughed and shook my head.

"Okay, but when we get there, DON'T ask questions." I said turning around an flying off with them behind me.

"Why can't he ask questions?" Eli asked. I shrugged.