After The Storm

"Sam, did you take my headphones?" Bucky's voiced echoed throughout the building. 

"They were on the table, Buck." Steve shouted back. 

It had been 3 months since Ana had been taken by Project Enlightenment. The team was in bad shape. After everyone found out that Pepper and Tony had traded Ana for Peter, everything fell apart. Melina almost killed Tony when Peter was healthy again. Wanda, Clint, Bucky, Sam and Steve all sided with Ana's family. As for Natasha, she was in bad shape. She hardly came out of her room for the first month while they were still living at the compound. When they moved to Melina's lab, she put every hour into finding Ana; digging into minute details to try and find anything that could give them some hope. 

So far they were unsuccessful. There was absolutely no sign of activity for the organisation. They wanted their prized guinea pig back and that's exactly what they got; they won. 

Wanda walked into the computer lab with a tray of food. She pushed the door open with her powers to see Natasha staring at a computer screen. Her eyes were fixated on the security camera footage of an old abandoned building outside Boryspil, Ukraine. Wanda gently placed the tray next to her and pulled up a chair. 

Natasha looked at her for a second but turned her attention quickly back to the screen. Wanda sighed and looked at her hands. She hated seeing her friend so torn up and there was nothing she could do to help. 

"Why don't you take a break, Nat? You haven't slept properly in a few days." Wanda asked softly.

Natasha shook her head, "No, I'm fine. I need to investigate this new lead. I need to do this, Wanda."

"Well have some food at least. Bucky made chicken alfredo." Wanda stood up and turned to leave her in peace.

Just as she was about to step out the door, Natasha said, "Thanks, Wanda. It means a lot."

Wanda smiled and headed for the living room. Bucky and Melina were sitting watching tv. She took her seat on the sofa and pulled some of Bucky's blanket over her legs. 

"How is she today?" Melina asked. 

Wanda shook her head slightly, "She's exhausted. I just wish there was something we could do." 

Bucky nodded. The three of them shared a moment of guilty silence. 

"How's Alexei?" Wanda asked the woman.

"He landed in Boryspil yesterday. We should get an update soon. He's so determined when it comes to his family. That's where Natasha gets it from." Melina smiled.

"And Yelena?" Bucky added.

Melina shook her head, "She's still in Russia. She had to free the widows. But I think the work is a good distraction for her. You all know how she took it. She was more heart-broken than anyone."

Sam walked in, covered in sweat, headphones dangling around his neck. 

"I knew they weren't my headphones on the table!" Bucky motioned towards Sam as he grabbed a drink from the fridge.

A sharp knock on the door disrupted the atmosphere. They all turned their heads but Melina got up to go answer it. 

She pulled the door open and was met with Tony. 

"Miss me?" he said awkwardly. 

Melina narrowed her eyes and sent her fist flying into the bridge of his nose. His sunglasses smashed into her hand and his face. The man clutched his nose and the blood trickled form his nostrils. 

Wanda came to the door and saw Tony crouched in pain. She gave Melina a darting look and Melina shrugged.

"What?" she said in a high pitched voice.

Wanda shook her head and bought Tony into the house. She sat him down at the kitchen table and used her magic to get the first aid kit from the cupboard. Melina followed behind but stood at the side of the room while Wanda took out some gauze. She pulled shards of glass out of his skin and dabbed the blood from the cuts. 

"Why are you here, Stark?" Wanda questioned.

Tony looked over to Melina and back at Wanda,"I think I might have a lead on Ana." 

"Oh so now you want to help?" Melina scoffed.

The man glanced down ashamed. He let out a sigh, "I should've never given Ana away. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. At that point I would've done anything to get Pete back. You must understand, if it was your kid-"

"No." Melina cut him off "You have no right to say I would do the same. I barely know Peter but I would sure as hell never trade him in. What you did was inhuman, Stark."

Wanda finished cleaning Tony up and put all her supplies in the bin. Tony stood and tucked his chair under the table.

"I think I should just go." he said.

Melina nodded, "Yes, I think you should."

The man headed for the front door but stopped half-way down the hall. 

"Boryspil. That's where I tracked her to." He continued walking towards the door. 

The women heard the door slam and Melina began to cry. Wanda rushed over to her and led her to the table. The girl grabbed Melina's injured hand to start cleaning it as she broke down. Wanda wrapped up Melina's hand and cut the bandage. The woman gathered herself and let out a weary sigh. 

"We'll get her back, Melina. We'll find her." Wanda placed a hand on her shoulder.

Melina turned to her friend and smiled. The two of them sat for a moment, not saying a word. There was nothing to be said.