25

I sat quietly in the drivers seat as a man forced the young woman into the car's backseat. I nodded curtly at him and he left without a word. His name was Vasquez, and he was the only help I was getting on this mission.

I immediately pressed on a button on the side of my door, locking all the doors in the car so that her attempts at escape were futile.

"What is this? What the fuck do you want?" She demanded, a perfectly expected reaction.

"Monica," I said her name. "I hear you are the girlfriend of Mateo Valdez."

"Who fucks me has got nothing to do with you!" She barked.

I ignored her rudeness. "Three years ago, you had him arrested for abuse, both physical and sexual. As it happened, you turned out to be a big fat liar and he was released a day later."

"I did not lie." She interrupted fiercely. "He ruined my innocence. The only reason why he managed to get away was because of his father's stupid money."

Since she was in the backseat, I was looking at her through the rear-view mirror. Apart from not turning to face her, I was also wearing a cap and sunglasses to hide my face.

"I know that tone. It's only used when one doesn't like the person they're talking about." I mused.

"Dislike?" She snorted. "I detest Mateo Valdez with every fibre in my being."

"Well isn't that just interesting? Doesn't that make you wonder why you're with him if you hate him so much?"

"I want to destroy him. The idiot just thinks I have forgotten what he did to me. He raped me back then because he said I drove him crazy. Thankfully, three years hasn't changed that. I have him wrapped around my finger. I'm going to make him sink so deeper and deeper in love with me that when I crash his heart, living wouldn't even appeal to him."

Wow, I hadn't expected her to tell me the truth so quickly. She must really hate that bastard. The passion with which she spoke of her revenge plans evidenced that.

So much passion lost on such a dumb plan.

I couldn't even hide the derison from my voice. "You think losing a woman would cause a guy like Mateo to commit suicide?" I chuckled humouroessly. "You must be very dumb."

"It'll work. I have everything planned out. He's hooked with me." She growled.

"So hooked that he's been having affairs behind your back." I said sarcastically. "I'm sure you don't want to know the number of girls he's slept with in the last two weeks even with two unstable shoulders."

Her face scrunched up into a look of rage. I smiled, knowing I was getting to her and this was my opportunity.

"I despise Mateo Valdez as much you do." I revealed cooly.

Her brows creased thoughtfully. "You're the guy who shot Mateo in the shoulder simply because he refused to give you the money he had on him."

"Is that what he told?" I allowed myself to chuckle, not at all surprised. "Of course he would never tell you the truth."

I paused for some seconds before saying, "What if I told you I have plans to ruin him more foolproof than yours could ever wish to be?"

"How am I supposed to know that you're not here to ruin my plans?" She asked, tone wary. I stayed silent until she finally spoke again. "Okay, what's the plan?"

I told her detail by detail, exempting the parts I didn't want her to know. By the time I was done, she looked as convinced as I could've wished.

"Do we have a deal?" I asked her.